Sandymount House
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsminute drivestayed heregreat place to stayhome from homesoda breadon arrivalcomfortable bedbreakfast was deliciousnext morningcyrilirelandbedroomensuitehostseracorksheets
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We came across Sandymount House on our last night in Ireland. All I can say is its a beautiful home and Avril and Robbin made us feel so welcome, part of the family!! The rooms are gorgeous and the showers WOW!! We will be back very soon to see Avril & Robbin and spend a lot more time at Sandymount. Our only disappointment.....we found it on our last night, I could have stayed there the entire time!! The best hidden gem in Ireland, a massive recommendation from me!!

Room Tip: All the rooms were decorated beautifully, you won't be disappointed!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Sandymount House is very lovely and looks newly renovated. Our room was nicely decorated. The bath was very nice. Breakfast was delicious and served in a very nice dining room with wonderful views of the grounds. The owners were gracious, and we enjoyed chatting with them over tea, biscuits and scones on arrival. We had just arrived in Ireland and they offered great information about sites we planned to visit, local restaurants, etc. We had a problem with our cellphone, and Avril took me to the cellphone store in town to try to resolve the problem. We would love to return!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Sandymount House was our family's favorite B&B in Ireland due in part to the graciousness and generousity of our hosts, Avril and Robin. My husband and I (along with my sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and niece) arrived in Abbeyleix long after dark as a result of issues with our GPS. Robin waited for us outside until we arrived safely, and then he and Avril treated us to an entire table full of delicious goodies. Our rooms were spotless and cozy, and the grounds were beautiful. Buddy and BoBo, our hosts friendly pups, made us feel right at home. (Be sure to watch BoBo play with his rubber chicken!) Our family would definitely stay with Avril and Robin again, and I hope we do!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at Sandymount House and we were not disappointed. Avril and Robin make you so welcome with lots of attention and true Irish warmth. The house is a Georgian gem only recently fully renovated by the owners. The room was fresh and comfortable while the ensuite gave the perfect shower. They have a motorhome facility for overnight stops around the back and it gave us the room to park up the trailer which we had with us.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeorgeG15
Reviewed 10 November 2010

My mother and I had the pleasure of staying with Avril and Robyn on a recent trip to Ireland. They absolutely go above and beyond in their welcome to guests. Expect to be greeted with a fresh pot of tea, delicious baked treats, and terrific stories. In the evening, Avril prepared a tray with tea and hot cocoa to take up to our room, which was lovely because my mother was exhausted and just wanted to sink into her comfy mattress with a good book.
We were traveling by train, and they were kind enough to not only take us to and from the station, they wouldn't hear of us walking into Abbeyleix in the rain - they drove us into town and then found us later once we had finished our day of touring around.
The property is stunning - lovely gardens and a beautifully restored home. Our room was beautiful and really comfortable, and breakfast in the elegant dining room was delicious and generous. I only wish that every B&B was as wonderful as Sandymount House. My mother says it was one of the highlights of our vacation for her. If I have the opportunity to visit Ireland again, I will go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010