“never again”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abbeyleix
Dublin, Ireland
“never again”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

we had a family gathering in this hotel the end of november and i can say never ever again the place was freezing the bathrooms were like ice very dated no love or pride given to them we went for dinner and the bar man was the most ignorant i have ever ever met in my life he seemed to only want to look after the locals all in all he let the place down with his attitude we had spent alot of money with drinks rooms and dinners and he looked at us like we were nothing the younger girls in reception were smashing and a lady behind the bar was lovely gina i think her name was we had planned on doing another huge night here but after the way we were treated we decided not to ...................................................so they have lost out on a big gathering

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sunloverstrap
Kate I, Director of Sales at Abbeyleix Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2013
Dear Sunloverstrap,
ime to review our hotel. I’m sorry that you found our bathrooms cold and I hope that you were able to mention it to a member of our team at the time. I am also sorry to read that you felt that some of our staff behaved rudely. I have passed on your comments to our Bar and Restaurant team and we always appreciate an opportunity to develop and improve our service, so thank you again for taking the time to write your review. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Kate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
offaly
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here in the abbeyleix manor for one night. Our first impression of the hotel was good th reception area is well decorated and a nice area to sit and relax by the fire. The reception staff are very welcoming and friendly. Our room which was a double room was lovely, loved the bed and the decor, the room seemed to be very clean although there was someone elses clothes on the floor behind the chair which i didnt aprreciate. The room was lovely and warm and we enjoyed relaxing in there reading and wastching some tele. We had boked to dine in the restraunt which i found a little dissapointing as we were just sat in the bar with everyone else and it didnt seem as special, but when our food came out it more than made up for our dissapointment as it was amazing we loved everything we ordered and the staff were very friendly. The food was a definate value for money and id give it 10 out of 10. I wouldnt really complain about the hotel it was a bit cold in the bar area and there was no entertainment but other than that it wa ok. I wouldnt stay again for a night but i would definatley go back for a meal and highly reccomend them to anyone for food. Maybe a hotel for someone who is looking for a more quiet weekend than myself and my husband.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear ange17,

Thank you for your review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us and I’m sorry to hear that you found someone else’s clothes in your room. I hope that you felt able to speak to a member of our team at the time. We really like to hear our guests’ comments, both positive and negative, so thanks again for the review.

Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

It you want to experience a 'real' burger eat at the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel - the food is great and there was plenty of it. The Rooms are comfortable although extremely warm. It was reasonably priced but for the price paid I would have expected breakfast to be included.

Room Tip: This was my first time staying here therefore I can not make any comparisons
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BandM513
Dear BandM513,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we always appreciate feedback and I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our Tower Burger. I hope that we get to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My wife and I flew from uk to attend a funeral. We needed 3 nights accommodation and booked the hotel online. We arrived early evening and checked in. As soon as we left the reception area it was like walking into a fridge. The hallways and stairs to the second floor had no heating but plenty of drafts.The room was basic and depressing and needed painting. Stains on the ceiling! Curtains not hung on the rings properly. No privacy from the houses at the back of the hotel. Quilt covering the bed was stained and looked as if it had never been changed. Lounge could have been warmer. Food average but overpriced. Breakfast good for two mornings when waitress service. Buffet breakfast at weekend poor. Would not recommend or stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Kate I, Director of Sales at Abbeyleix Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
Dear Regentshill,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and I hope that you felt able to make your feelings known to a member of our team during your visit. We take all comments about our hotel seriously and I have past your review onto our Housekeeping department and onto our Kitchen and Restaurant teams as well. Thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel and I hope that you have a happier reason to return to the hotel and the area in the future.

Kate

Travellers are raving about these Abbeyleix hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed just one night in the hotel and it's really a deal for the money. Though, this may not be the right choice for the more pretentious ones. The room was ok, clean and spacious enough but a little old, with minor cracks in the walls and only one blanket (no spare one, no warm duvet). Though, we had TV, wi-fi and a very good heater (to compensate for the missing duvet). But if there is a noisy neighbor you will hear him!

There was also one spider web in the corner of the restaurant, but the food was good and the rest looked fine.. I should not look in the corners anymore, isn't it ? :)

For one night stop is a wonderful option, especially considering the price. As someone said, it's more on the basic side.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank piticutzi
Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 21 December 2012

My sister and I wanted a quick lunch and as the Abbey Manor was the closest restaurant to us, we decided it was our best option. The food was delicious and served piping hot. My sister had roast beef and veg and I had roast chicken and ham. The meat and vegetables were cooked to perfection, so much so that if we hadn't been pushed for time, we would have had second helpings. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly and we are looking forward to returning again in the near future.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
laois
Reviewed 17 December 2012

went to christmas party night was out this world been in few times early on in the year but the food was out this world and only found out one the old chef was back about time the whole night was so good very good staff all round brill night def be in again

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbeyleix
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,778 reviews
O'Loughlins Hotel
O'Loughlins Hotel
#4 of 4 in Portlaoise

Been to Abbeyleix Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!