“Reception .....not the best”

Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abbeyleix
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Got into the hotel after 11 pm... the lady there was very busy on the phone so we had to wait a good 5 minutes until everything was finished, there was no meet and greet or smile ....we asked for a room we were given one, we asked for a single room as only my friend wanted to spend the night there and he got a room with a double bed plus a single bed, barely any space to walk and the smell was funny.
I came to collect him in the morning and we had breakfast somewhere else because he was not please at all with the stay in the hotel and just wanted to get out of there, its surprising how bad customer service can just ruin your stay.

Room Tip: Good to go for a drink at the end of the week, but sleep in Portlaoise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Kate I, Manager at Abbeyleix Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Elena2708,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am sorry that your friend did not enjoy his stay with us. All of our rooms have a double bed and most have at least a double and a single bed. I am sorry that you felt that our staff were not friendly, but I hope that your friend felt able to speak with our staff about his stay with us.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel as we appreciate all of our guests comments and feedback.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Superb breakfast, good value with booking via easy booking .
Nice little town and the Chinese restaurant up the road was also very nice.
Chairs in restaurant need re covering but all in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Lionel L,

Thank you for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate any comments or feedback from any of our guests.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I had a function in The Manor last week. Food was excellent. Service was wonderful - bar & waiting staff. Manager Kate was pleasure to deal with. Nice extra touches... Definitely will book next party there. Thank you for making it a wonderful day.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Nathalie D,

Thank you for your review and I am really pleased that you and your family enjoyed your meal with us.

Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

10 nights in Ireland, this was my least favorite lodging. You can't control the temperature in your room. Plumbing is atrocious. Cleanliness, meh. On the other hand, it's cheap. The best part is the two ladies that were behind the desk. The one that greeted us at night and the one that said goodbye in the morning were just full of conversation, ideas, willing to help, and kind.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Steveage,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us, but I am pleased that you found our reception staff welcoming. I hope that you were able to speak with them during your stay about your accommodation.

Thank you again for your review and we really appreciate all comments and feedback from all of our guests.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

i stayed for 2 nights and had a very pleasant time and the staff were helpful ,the rooms were top notch ,the food was great i will be going back again pretty soon ,not a bad thing to say about the hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Ian M

Dear Ian M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I was travelling with a group of young drama students & some parents back from lion king in Dublin . We wanted to stop for dinner at a reasonable rate which was also safe for the group. The Manor Abbeyleix fulfilled everything !! A fantastic meal excellent value, and very friendly helpful staff . Everyone was v impressed . I just want to say a big thank u and we will be back !

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear CorkDots,

Thank you for your lovely review and we are all really pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

fab little town with 3 cosy pubs and 2 top notch restaurants,, the hotel itself is situated about 5mins walk from the town ..bar is lovely , unfortunately the restaurant was closed due to the feis,, our room was very disappointing ,, filthy carpet , punch hole in the wall ,, but on the brighter side the bed was really comfy and clean , and the room was well heated ,i did complain while checking out and was given a complimentary voucher for breakfast for 2, the receptionist was apologetic and said " yes sorry room ?? is one of our worst "" ,, but other than that i can recommend the area and hotel , and i will return .

Room Tip: dont judge the rooms by the pictures advertised , if your booking a standard double room @€79 then d...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 901lenny

Dear 901lenny,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to see you spoke with our receptionist before you checked out and that she apologised to you at the time. I am glad that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay with us at the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel. Thank you again for your review.

Kate

Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbeyleix
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
#3 of 5 in Carlow
O'Loughlin's Hotel
O'Loughlin's Hotel
#4 of 4 in Portlaoise

Been to Abbeyleix Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!