“An amazing day” 5 of 5 bubbles

Whale Watching Mirissa with Geeth
Ranked #3 of 54 Tours in Mirissa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are the whale and dolphin watching operator in Mirissa, Sri Lanka. We use comfortable and whales-friendly passengers boat for whale watching. Enjoy the unforgettable trip with us.
London, United Kingdom
“An amazing day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

What an amazing day I can really recommend doing this trip the guys were really friendly and helpful. The day started with breakfast on the boat including a sandwich, fruit, cake and water. On the way to the whale watching area which is quite a few miles off the coast we saw hundreds of dophins they loved the boat and seem to circle and play around us. We also saw flying fish which I had never seen before and didn't know existed how crazy are they to watch flying along the top of the water it does make you question the link from fish to birds. I think we were extra lucky as we saw 3 different Blue Whales and then just before we were about to turn back we saw a mother and baby this was one of the highlights of my trip and I would definiately recommend a day out on the water. Thanks Geeth for such wonderful memories.

Visited April 2014

• Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“complete waste of time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

If you want to waste a day of your holiday trying to chase whales and spotting a movement in the very far distance then this trip is for you...

All the boats follow each other around for hours trying to predict where the whales will be and actually there is more chance of seeing a whale from the shore!

Don't spend the day of your holiday getting up at 5am for this - it really is not worth it,

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Raveera R
Dusseldorf, Germany
“A great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Top service and guides
little Breakfast and water is included and they respect the enviroment. At first comes the whale

A must thing to do in Mirissa

Visited April 2014
mumbai
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“must do activity in srilanka”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I am not sure how many country have this but sri lanka it is must you go for whale watching because i guess not many country have this that too at this price.
DO'S -
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
carry very nice camera that has loop around your neck.
dont have heavy breakfast
carry your own water and light snacks if possible.
carry glares and jacket

don'ts-
they do provide breakfast and water but not that great.
they have anti nausea pills but be aware to check it.
journey is too long in sea,carry music if possible while returning to tune in

Brownie points- they make sure you spot whale and dolphins.
staff is great.

Visited February 2014
Dublin, Ireland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Good photo opportunity !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We went whale watching around the 23rd feb. As soon as we got on board we were given an anti nausea pill .. Which I took. There was a French family on the boat with us, with a very small child .. 6 or 7 years old. The child wouldn't take the pill .. Which affected our trip later ..
We made our way, along with a dozen other boats to the place where the whales are normally found. That took about 45 mins, maybe less ... I wasn't time watching. It was quite bumpy .. High waves, and we all went upstairs to the viewing deck. It seemed very quickly that whales were spotted. I was hanging on to the rail of the boat, trying to balance myself, so I could get some good shots. The staff were friendly, but they didn't seem to have a lot of English. Geeth wasn't on board. I was really only interested in getting the famous tail fin shot ... Which I got ... :-)
One of the staff said that we were looking at a blue whale, and also a hump back whale, and it was very unusual to see one of them .. I'm not sure which one. The viewing seemed to finish a lot quicker than I thought it would, and it was only when I looked around I could see that the French child was getting sick.. It seems that the captain decided to cut our trip short because of the child, and we headed back. I'd say we were out looking at the whales for a bit less than an hour, but when they came, we saw them. Got the shots,, and I didn't mind heading back to land. There are only so many photos you can take of a whale, and the breaching shots are the only ones that are worth taking.
I was glad, in the end, that we took the pills, even though I wasn't feeling ill at all. No one else on board was ill, and I think everyone on our boat enjoyed the short experience. There is probably no need to stay out for 5 hours, especially if you see what you came to see early on in the trip. The boat probably wasn't the most modern, but the staff were courteous, and seemed to know what they were doing. Thank you !

Visited February 2014