“Really good local food and friendly staff”
Review of Dimali Inn

Dimali Inn
Ranked #9 of 132 Restaurants in Mirissa
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

We were 4 people splitting 3 dishes since 2 of us weren’t that hungry, she then made 3 extra large portions without us asking since she realised we were going to share. Afterwards she showed us around the little garden were she grew her spices and cut some aloe Vera for us since we were a little sun burned... such a sweet lady!

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

I don't usually write reviews but my foodie heart was very disappointed after choosing the place with "the best rice and curry in Marissa"...

Got a plate of rice with a nice dhal, alright mixed green,quite bitter vegetables and some pieces of pumpkin. It was alright, but not very tasty. I was missing the amazing curry sauces I've had with several Sri Lankan rice and curries. Maybe she had a bad day,or maybe it's because her mother with whom she usually cooks with, had gone out of town... It also took an hour until we had our food.

Anyway, they are a very lovely couple and the backyard where we ate was pretty nice.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Yesterday we've been here on our last night and what can I say? It was one of the best dinners we had in Sri Lanka!!! You will love it!! And it even felt a little bit like home when your mom is cooking för you. Thanks for that moment!

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Amazing food! It came out steaming hot and very fresh.
The staff were so nice, accommodating and they give you extra if you are still hungry for no extra cost!
Best rice and curry I’ve had in Mirissa. It’s a must try.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

The staff were lovely but the food was rubbish. I ordered a mixed fruit juice which tasted awful and was really warm!! My sister had the kottu which had no flavour. I had the veg curry and rice, there wasn't any curry, it was just a big plate of rice and slightly curried green veg, again with no flavour. We both asked for little-medium spice but there was no spice at all.

We've had incredible food throughout our trip in Sri Lanka so this was really disappointing.

Date of visit: September 2018