Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Christian H
Munich, Germany

nice and pleasant

Review of Opal Resort
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Jan 2016via mobile
The place is quiet and not far away from the beach. It's clean and peaceful. The family who runs the resort is very friendly, attentive, professional and extra service oriented. We stayed there for 7 days and tried out several restaurants, but we nowhere found meals as good as in the Opal Resort.
Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
0.2 miles from Opal Resort
0.4 miles from Opal Resort
    £61
1.2 miles from Opal Resort
View more hotels in Mirissa
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Very clean and calm place near the beach. You get a lot of support you may need for sightseeing arround mirissa, ayurveda and other stuff. Ask for Sri Lankan breakfast and at least order on time dinner inhouse.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2015

Lovely family who sincerely looked after us during our 4 nights. The room is a bit tight with the large bed but as the reviews say it is clean. All the family are friendly and unobtrusive. It is definitely an advantage that Harry speaks English far better than at any other place we stayed in Sri Lanka. We understood a little more of the culture. We also went on a brilliant whale watching tour in a small boat, organised by Harry who got other guests together for a good price. Thank you Harry and family and best wishes for 2016.

Date of stay: December 2015
2  Thank IOMtravelgirl
Reviewed 29 November 2015

On my 4th visit to Mirissa I’ve chose to stay in Opal resort. On my earlier visits I’ve stayed in three different places and compare to those this is the best place I’ve stayed. The last three places were all average and I didn’t even bother to write them a review. Opal felt like a second home to me. The management was friendly and I have no complains about the customer service. Rooms were clean and fresh covers were used on the bed. The pillows were comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. Because I am a picky person I care about all the small things. Everything shows that the Hospitality is on top of their priority list. Food was provided as I requested on time. It is essential when you pre-planned everything. The breakfast and the dinner were tasty and delightful. I love Sri Lankan cuisines (even though they are spicy). If you haven’t tried it my advice is to go mild on your first try. I stayed there for three days before I moved to the other side of the country. I can recommend anyone to stay in Opal resort because for me it worth every penny I paid.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2015 via mobile

I had a great experience staying two nights at the Opal Resort. The staff were friendly and efficient. Everything is lovely, accommodation, food, their hosting. I would definetly recomend Opal Resort, Mirissa to any travellers heading to Mirissa, Sri Lanka.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kasun P
Reviewed 17 September 2015

I cant express enough gratitude for this guest house!!
The amazing family that runs the business is extremely friendly and gentle and took me in like a daughter. The rooms are absolutely spotless, and the food is easily one of the most delicious meals I have had in Sri Lanka. The breakfast was delicious as well as the dinner (pre-ordered and additional pay). It is a 5 minute walk to the beach and if you are wanting to sleep in a quiet environment, I recommend sleeping here rather than the beach, as there are parties almost every night.
As the family is local, they give great advice on planning your travels in Sri Lanka. Furthermore, there are yoga classes nearby at a hilltop temple, ayurvedic spas, and amazing kottu restaurants nearby that make your stay at Mirissa the most relaxing.
I do believe that it depends on when you go but I strongly advise to bring bug spray, as there are many mosquitoes in the afternoon. Also as there is no hot water, I would recommend to take showers when it is still warm outside.

Overall I really recommend this guest house, especially for those who are looking for a relaxing time in Mirissa.

Date of stay: November 2014