Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Chris
London, United Kingdom

A little Gem

Review of Opal Resort
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Feb 2016
Such a nice stay, the family that run the resort are so welcoming and kind-hearted. Any questions about the area and they had all the answers which made my stay all the better.

The house itsself is beautiful, very tranquil and open with comfortable rooms. Right next to the beach so you can make pit stops throughout the day (I was surfing so I didn't take much out with me). It's also around the corner from a bus stop that seems to go everywhere, I made a short trip to Galle and later left for Tissamaharama.

I'd recommend to anyone visiting Mirissa to stay here.
Trip type: Travelled solo
    £18
0.6 miles from Opal Resort
Beachfront
View more hotels in Mirissa
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2016

Can't rate this place enough for the price... so helpful when asking questions, nothing too much trouble, stayed our booked days, went travelling and came back as we're so happy there.... Harry Dee as we knew him was the friendliest guest hotelier we have met. A Buddhist family with the love and care for all!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elliemoo8
Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

The place is quiet and not far away from the beach. It's clean and peaceful. The family who runs the resort is very friendly, attentive, professional and extra service oriented. We stayed there for 7 days and tried out several restaurants, but we nowhere found meals as good as in the Opal Resort.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Very clean and calm place near the beach. You get a lot of support you may need for sightseeing arround mirissa, ayurveda and other stuff. Ask for Sri Lankan breakfast and at least order on time dinner inhouse.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2015

Lovely family who sincerely looked after us during our 4 nights. The room is a bit tight with the large bed but as the reviews say it is clean. All the family are friendly and unobtrusive. It is definitely an advantage that Harry speaks English far better than at any other place we stayed in Sri Lanka. We understood a little more of the culture. We also went on a brilliant whale watching tour in a small boat, organised by Harry who got other guests together for a good price. Thank you Harry and family and best wishes for 2016.

Date of stay: December 2015
2  Thank IOMtravelgirl
Reviewed 29 November 2015

On my 4th visit to Mirissa I’ve chose to stay in Opal resort. On my earlier visits I’ve stayed in three different places and compare to those this is the best place I’ve stayed. The last three places were all average and I didn’t even bother to write them a review. Opal felt like a second home to me. The management was friendly and I have no complains about the customer service. Rooms were clean and fresh covers were used on the bed. The pillows were comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. Because I am a picky person I care about all the small things. Everything shows that the Hospitality is on top of their priority list. Food was provided as I requested on time. It is essential when you pre-planned everything. The breakfast and the dinner were tasty and delightful. I love Sri Lankan cuisines (even though they are spicy). If you haven’t tried it my advice is to go mild on your first try. I stayed there for three days before I moved to the other side of the country. I can recommend anyone to stay in Opal resort because for me it worth every penny I paid.

Date of stay: November 2015