Priceline
Chicago, Illinois

Lovely Stay, Great Service, Delicious Food

Review of Opal Resort
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Apr 2016
My family stayed in this hotel for 3 nights while our vacation in Sri Lanka last month. I really love my stay at Opal Resort. It's only few minutes walk to the beach. Manager was very helpful and made all the arrangement through out our visit. The room was amazing. The food was incredible good and very beautifully displayed. I'm 100% satisfied and would recommend to anyone who looking for a place stay in Mirissa.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Main Entrance and Restaurant
  • Vio.com
0.7 miles from Opal Resort
Free parking
An unparalleled view of the Mirissa beach
    £21
0.5 miles from Opal Resort
    £61
1.2 miles from Opal Resort
View more hotels in Mirissa
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

I really loved my stay at the Opal Resort. It's about 5 minutes walk to the beach and is in a very quiet area of town. Rooms were clean, but no AC. It was quite warm in Mirissa although my room had a fan over the bed, which cooled me down at night pretty well. The hosts were great! They helped to arrange transport for me from Mirissa to Ella and even set me up with another couple that was traveling there at the same time so we could share a car and split the cost.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

Loved opal resorts, the family was so kind, great breakfast, super service and beautiful house. 5 minutes walk from the beach and very close to center. We had such a wonderful time there. The manager is very helpful and they picked us up from the airport for a small charge. Overall perfect stay!

Reviewed 14 March 2016

My mum and I stayed 2 nights in february, beautiful house in a perfect location (5 min to the Beach), very clean room, wifi, very friendly peoples, they booked for us the whale watching... 100% recommended !

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 February 2016

it's really worth it to stay here a few days.
the owner and his family are really really friendly and also very helpful. the owner helped us with organizing snorkeling tours and whale watching tours, was calling the different agencies to ask about the availability and gave us recommendations about the different ones. I had lots of bites and the mother gave me a great sri lankan "ayuverveda" oil that really helps. We wanted to have a sprite to dinner and the father drove to a supermarket to buy two. (we were a littel ashamed because we didn't want that he's going just because of us.. so so friendly!) (just some examples)
otherwise, the breakfast was really good. a perfect mix of european and sri lankan food. a type of eggs, marmelade, butter, toast, fruits, tea/coffee and something special sri lankan. just great!
We also took the dinner in the guesthouse because the owners mother was cooking very delicious rice and curry. this was the reason to eat there 3 times. the price was also really fair!
furthermore the guesthouse is only a 5 minute walk away from the beach, perfectly located away from the noise of the beachfront but not to far away.
we took the room with the own bathroom. it was clean a small room but enough place anyway. it's just a room to sleep, not to stay for the whole day ;) and about the showers: we had cold and also warm water! so no problem!!!
altogether a great stay at a great family guesthouse!
Thank you very much!

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2016

Such a nice stay, the family that run the resort are so welcoming and kind-hearted. Any questions about the area and they had all the answers which made my stay all the better.

The house itsself is beautiful, very tranquil and open with comfortable rooms. Right next to the beach so you can make pit stops throughout the day (I was surfing so I didn't take much out with me). It's also around the corner from a bus stop that seems to go everywhere, I made a short trip to Galle and later left for Tissamaharama.

I'd recommend to anyone visiting Mirissa to stay here.

Date of stay: January 2016