Imagine a beautiful house in which all the charm of art deco period has remained. Luxurious by the media used for its construction: White marble from Italy, black from Belgium, glass lanterns in Belgian Val St Lambert, teak wood from Burma.....but more than that for this Chettinad mansion cleverly converted into a 7 rooms hotel, is managed by a very helpful manager and his staff all extremely and naturally kind and ready to assist you whenever necessary and make you feel at home away from home. Worth mentioning is the refusal of a housekeeper to be tipped as there was, did she say a Tips box at the reception! This gives you the "Spirit" of that House !
Located in a very interesting area, would strongly recommend it. Enjoyed our three nights spent there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visalam ( A CGH Earth Experience) is where you would want to go to experience a unique Tamil culture. Located in Kanadukathan village in chettinad, Visalam has many a stories to tell of the heritage, culture, food and people of this interesting tamil community, the chettiars. Stay at Visalam for that journey back in time and for that warm tamil hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Visalam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Visalam Hotel Kanadukathan
- Visalam Kanadukathan, India - Tamil Nadu