I am still thinking about this place 6 months after our trip to India. It was definitely the highlite of our trip. As an architect I may overvalue the accomodations, but everything was wonderfully constructed and restored. I felt a little funny having staff waiting on us as though we are royalty. But the food and pool are outstanding. The room we stayed in was huge with beautiful lights and lovely floor tile. We woke up to coffee in the game room and returned to our room to stretch out for yoga. Dinner was really unlike anything I have ever eaten. I have never previously tasted such distinct flavors in each bite of food. George, the cook, was extremely pleasant and fun in our cooking demonstration. The management and staff was very concerned about ever comment or concern that we had. The tile shop trip was also amazing (again I am an architect).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visalam ( A CGH Earth Experience) is where you would want to go to experience a unique Tamil culture. Located in Kanadukathan village in chettinad, Visalam has many a stories to tell of the heritage, culture, food and people of this interesting tamil community, the chettiars. Stay at Visalam for that journey back in time and for that warm tamil hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Visalam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Visalam Hotel Kanadukathan
- Visalam Kanadukathan, India - Tamil Nadu