I have just returned from my first visit to PSV in about ten years. The cottages have been updated and a beach bar and spa added but the essence of the place remains the same.
The food is better. The dinner menus are varied and imaginative and the execution, superb. Lunch at the beach bar is a welcome innovation. Breakfast is very good with the single exception of the croissants which are heavier than in the past. On the other hand, the the pastry basket is more varied.
The cottages now have a mini-bar/refrigerator and a Nespresso machine (to compliment the still-excellent room service.)
There was a large box of Neuhaus chocolates, champagne and a jar of home made cookies in each of our cottages to welcome us -- in addition to pina coladas as we stepped ashore from Captain Maurice's boat. And there was a bagged lunch when we left.
I came with my family which included a well behaved 2 1/2 year-old. That might have been a problem but it was not. And my grandson had a ball. He loved it: the beach, the birds, the hiking trails, the hammocks, the swimming and boating, and the food. He is eager to go back and so are we all.
The staff at PSV were, as ever, marvelously helpful and friendly. The grounds are well-tended. The food, as noted above, is delicious. And the cottages are extremely comfortable. (They have even gotten rid of the bumpy stone floors in the showers.) And the A/C in the bedroom was welcome if not really necessary.
A word about price: PSV is not cheap. But it was far more reasonable than the somewhat comparable Guana Island. The pampering, privacy and space that PSV provides are unmatched in my experience and well worth the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Petit St Vincent is a luxurious private island paradise, tucked away in the Grenadine islands of the West Indies, a tropical barefoot hideaway offering guests the rare chance to unplug from the normal day to day urban technological clutch.Aside from offering opulent comforts, ultimate privacy and an understated yet attentive service, there exists a conspicuous and deliberate absence of connectivity to the outside world: no TV’s, phones or internet in the beach front villas and elevated bluff cottages, encouraging you to unwind, relax and enjoy each other’s company without any unwanted distractions. With 115 acres of natural tropical woodlands and just 22 guest cottages, seclusion is guaranteed. Each beautifully designed guest cottage is decorated in marine shades and tangled driftwood furnishings reflecting the island’s uncluttered vibe. This elegant but unpretentious boutique island resort is surrounded by clear turquoise waters, rich tropical reefs and 2 miles of stunning white-sand beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Petit St. Vincent Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit St. Vincent Hotel Petit St.Vincent
- Petit Hotel St Vincent
- Petit St. Vincent Resort St. Vincent And The Grenadines, Caribbean