“Awful”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastwood
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Rude lazy staff and managers overpriced drinks and basically a waste of money
Beautiful wedding venue but unfortunately the staff let it down made us feel like we were a burden whilst family had paid a lot of money for a wedding absolutely disgraceful service and poor attitudes from staff and duty manager i wouldn't go even if it was free!,,,,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ginag212014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
North East England
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Having read some of the reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor I was a little apprehensive about our stay but that was all blown away as soon as we arrived at the hotel. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful from the moment we arrived. We stayed in a standard room and while it was a little outdated it was exceptionally clean and comfortable (I would say it was similar to the best Premier Inn style rooms but we paid far less than the Premier Inns in the area were charging for that weekend and the overall experience was much better).
There were two weddings at the hotel on the Saturday night but we were advised on arrival that we had been given a room at the far end of the hotel where it should be quiet - and it was! We enjoyed our meal in the restaurant and breakfast was also very good. The setting of the hotel is in beautiful grounds and there is loads of safe parking available too.
We would definitely stay here again and I would give the hotel a 5 star rating for value. Standards were very high considering the price paid.
The hotel is perfectly situated for visiting places such as Chatsworth and Hardwick Hall.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GlynnJ, General Manager at Eastwood Hall, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Diana014,
Thank you for your feed back. I am most pleased you enjoyed your stay at Eastwood Hall. I am glad that you found the staff pleasant and you room clean and comfortable. There is alot of parking in our grounds and Chastworth and Hardwick are wonderful places to visit.
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked a room for the 13th July overnight stay with my husband. I was sent an email prior to stay asking if I wanted to upgrade. I said yes so when we arrived we were told we were upgrading we were initially booked into room 101 but the key wasnt available so they gave us room 102 for an additional £14.00. I have to say although the room was big and comfortable I couldnt see what the upgrade was. On your website the bigger rooms had settees in which I thought we would get, all we had was onecomfortable chair.

I feel that your website is a bit misleading because you see the old eastwood hall and think you are booking a room in there not the rooms offered. I look forward to your response

1 Thank debbie c
Dear Debbie C,
Thank you for your recent review. The upgraded rooms have superior beds and have been refurbished with views out onto the grounds. The old house at the front of the hotel is where many of our conference rooms are and is the front of the hotel.
Suffolk England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed last night with husband for a relaxing quiet night away from kids after a busy day shopping and seeing family. Well we were so disappointed as when we booked they neglected to mention there would be two yes two weddings taking place with evening disco going until 1am!! There is only so much beat you can listen to before going crazy! Couldn't enjoy the Hall or any of the facilities it was way too busy and noisy we were so disappointed. The internal doors bang constantly which are worse then Premier Inn and that's saying something!! The room was so hot we had to have the window open which meant more noise! We were told that our room was half way between the wedding reception and the end of the hotel which beggars belief that we weren't put at the other end of the hotel?! Why don't they ask if you're part of the wedding group and if so stick all them together at one end, we heard everyone returning to their rooms shouting laughing doors banging. We complained that night all he could do was apologise and close the internal fire doors, oh yes that's a great help thanks, we spoke with the manager in the morning and in their defence they apologised again and refunded the full amount but it was such a shame as we were so looking forward to it. So my advice is call the hotel and see if there are any wedding parties booked otherwise your romantic night away could well be ruined!!

Dear Ju H,
Thank you for your recent review. I am disappointed that you did not find your stay to expectation. The hotel is a busy wedding venue and this is the peak period for these events on weekends. We do within the hotel have axseperate restaurant and games lounge in the leisure club away from the busy bar areas for guests to use.
Glynn Jones

Travellers are raving about these Eastwood hotels

Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Great place that I never knew that existed practically on our doorstep.
I would go again anytime. The staff were friendly and everything was pleasant with our stay. Loved the breakfast and said bye to the cows in the field outside as we were on our way home. Lovely place.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Luke H,
Thank you for your recent review. I am most pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am glad you found the staff friendly and that you loved our breakfast. We hope you visit us again in the future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The Eastwood Hall Hotel is a good location and nice enough for the wedding crowd. However, for those of us forced to stay here because of 'work commitments' it's not really great. If there's one thing that sets a good hotel apart from a bad one these days, it is the notion of including 'all of our 21st Century Expectations" and by that I mean in the simplest of terms free WiFi in all areas. Is it beyond the Management at this group of hotels containing the word ironically 'Principal' to note that travelling Customer expectations may have changed in the last 5 years. For instance, I stayed in a small Bed & Breakfast in London @ £79 a night (Free WiFi), a tiny Studio Rental in Kensington bereft of all the trimmings.....but free and fast Wifi. The room is nice, bed is comfy, health club is great, food is outstanding, but at prices charged this should include free Wifi for the duration of your stay, especially when the bulk of rooms are to the rear of property and struggle to get data on 3g/4g. I am here for another day, have paid for Wifi (which isn't as advertised Fast, having problems streaming TV, as channel selection limited and reception poor on TV. So Eastwood Hall, get your finger out. I can understand in Russell Square Hotel not to want folks freeloading your data connection, but the 24 longhorn cattle who are the only others in the vicinity of the hotel are unlikely to be stealing bytes and megabytes of data from you. A bit of common sense and a lot more focus on Business travellers or those staying due to work commitments would be nice. For the Manager 60% out of 100% is based on no free Wifi and not any Customer Interaction with any of yours staff. It's 2014 now not 2005, the internet is all around us......and its a small price to pay for customer satisfaction.

Room Tip: Don't book if like me you expect free Wifi to do your work
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear BruceO1970,

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry to hear that you did not find the internet to expectation. We have in last few weeks upgraded our internet so speed should be alot better now and connectivity. The first hour is free, then there is a charge, this charge is very competitive to other hotels in the area and similar to what mobile network operators would charge for using their bandwidth.
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My sister's wedding took place in Eastwood Hall and 300 of us would agree that it was such a momentous occasion of course for any two to become one and to add to this experience we would like to thank Eastwood Hall Hotel.
The Gardens were perfect for the Helicopter to land, the hall was situated right next to the 20 rooms we had booked for close ones.
Moreover, it is very rare to find so many attributes which tick the list for any occasion; especially Nottingham.
So I give a huge congratulations to the staff and everyone for making it 'picture perfect'.

Regards Ali

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alin A
Dear Alin A,

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the wedding and you made the most of our grounds. I will pass your feed back to our staff they will be most pleased.
Glynn Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastwood
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway
Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham
De Vere Orchard Hotel
De Vere Orchard Hotel
#5 of 49 in Nottingham

Been to Eastwood Hall? Share your experiences!