1,489 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiesdh lawrencebottle of proseccolovely groundswowcher dealbar pricesleisure clubsuperior roomcourse evening mealconference venuesteam room and jacuzzilarge hotelboth morningstwo night stayrestaurant staffbuffet breakfastweekend break
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

The customer service at this hotel is non existent. It took my partner and I 20 minutes to get served at the bar, bearing in mind there was no one serving at the bar. Then it took two incompetent members of staff who didn't have a clue what they were doing 10 minutes to serve us 2 drinks. Absolutely ridiculous. The swimming pool is nice and the jacuzzi was very relaxing, however, you cannot advertise it as a spa break when there is not a spa in the hotel. We expected a beauty spa that offered spa treatments but we were sorely disappointed discovering they didn't even have a spa. Also the food in the hotel is disgusting, we had a burger in the restaurant on our first night there. It was the most tasteless, dry burger we have ever eaten. So all in all it was supposed to be a nice, romantic break away that my partner and I were looking forward to but were left very disappointed and deflated.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shiv17o
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

My husband stays here often for business and as it was the October break my 7 year old son and I decided to join him.
Family room was basically a regular room with a fold out bed which had a scratchy blanket and broken springs. Bathroom was not very clean, tub/shower had some hairs & grime visible.
Dinner was a disaster as we had to wait so long for food and drinks and our mains arrived cold! We were offered our dinner and drinks on the house, and in fairness the waiter tried his best and was very polite.
I never realised children were not permitted in the pool during the week, this left my son disappointed as there was nothing else to do in the hotel.
I’d say this is fine for business trips, but wouldn’t go back as a family.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ranay1
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Rooms very comfy, bathroom good size but small bath. Lovely grounds, plenty of parking space. Good restaurants in hotel and Eastwood town. Spa in Hotel with swimming pool. Great Shopping in Nottingham a short drive away.

Room Tip: Rooms are all looking over some part of the park or gardens.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Booked an over night stay here with booking.com which was better priced for us,on other sites it was £79 for 2 people but if you wanted breakfast you had to pay extra on top but with booking.com it was £79 with breakfast so you are best off shopping around before you book.We arrived and was booked in rather quick and we had a lovely double room on the 1st floor but I must admit the double bed was a little small but it was comfy.The grounds were lovely and the staff we encounted were all nice and friendly,the drinks are a little over priced but the breakfast in the morning was great,lots to choose from for example there were cereals,fruit,pastries,toast,fried egg,scrambled egg,mushrooms,fried bread,black pudding,fried tomatoes,sausages,bacon,beans etc fresh juice and tea and coffee.I would deffo stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for room nearer to reception as you could end up with a bit of a walk to your room
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We stayed here on Saturday and had a lovely time. The hotel was spotlessly clean and our rooms were spacious and well equipped. We had taken advantage of the Groupon deal they were doing and it was excellent value for what we paid. Staff were friendly and service in the restaurant was very good. The bar prices were slightly on the steep side but that is probably the only criticism. All in all we had a really lovely time and are already planning a return visit.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family