“Peregian Beach Secret”

Pitchfork Restaurant
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: http://www.google.com.au/maps/place?cid=12885269224620341670&q=pitchfork+peregian+beach&fb=1&gl=au&hq=pitchfork&hnear=Peregian+Beach+QLD
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Probably the best steak and truffle mash you will ever encounter. Located in the "old shops" at Peregian Beach. Oh yeah - don't bother too much with Noosa :)

1  Thank ReluctantTourist0

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were going to go Friday but now they only accept BYO weeknights we went Thursday and were surprised to see how full it was. Perhaps all the value seekers had the same idea. Sat inside, winters night. We all had either the scallops or the octopus as entree - all beautifully cooked and presented, 3 of us had the lamb belly which was a sensational taste - a clever take on pork belly and beautifully presented.
still found room for a shared dessert. staff very helpful and competent. Overall a great experience.

1  Thank davidinnoosa
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Excellent food with a good variety of choice and very friendly wait staff. A very nice change from the standard Hastings Street fare.

1  Thank grahamatghinghin
Reviewed 31 July 2014

5 of us dined at Pitchfork recently and thoroughly enjoyed everything. A little tricky to find but don't let that put you off. I had the scallops which were fresh and plump, beautifully seared with delicious watercress puree, the lamb belly which had been recommended was even better than i'd expected. I really couldn't imaging fitting desert in but when I noticed the Persian fairy floss heading to another table I couldn't resist. Passionfruit roulade, turkish delight icecream topped with light sugary persian fairy floss, delicious. Other meals at our table were the Chorizo stuffed chicken wings, seafood risotto, fish of the day, sticky date pudding...all highly recommended. Because we were there midweek we were able to BYO so didn't get to see the wine list but I'm sure it's just as impressive as the food menu.

1  Thank Lisa1962_13
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Yes the chef is from a top class Restaurant from nearby but one wonders if he cooks every time I visit. 5 visits - 3 excellent and 2 very average.
Last visit 2 weeks ago was for lunch. Great service. Every dish was overpriced for what was served. My dish of pasta was in a bowl laying on top of lots of oil - which I had elsewhere but can't recall the place. Maybe this is the "in thing" . Not for me. The expensive Risotto was acceptable. My partner had an excellent fish entree, however the fish and chips while beautifully cooked were so overpriced at nearly $30.00. The good point was the wine list - great choice and sensible prices.
I never leave this place with the same excitement that many other reviewers seem to do.Another visit will be a long time away.