“Something has changed - go back and give them a go!”

Peregian Beach Hotel
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: Fusion, Bar, Pub, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coolum Beach, Australia
“Something has changed - go back and give them a go!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Title sums it up. After avoiding the pub for a long time after some bad experiences we popped in today. Pizza was yum and cheap at $10 on a Sunday. Service was great, everyone was welcoming and hospitable. Colouring was brought to the table for the kids and the staff were really friendly and accommodating.

I would give it 4 1/2 stars if I could. Will definitely return during the week to check out some of the other menu items.

If you have had a bad experience at the pub, go back and try again!

1 Thank QFam

Sunshine Coast, Australia
“Not bad, but not great..”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Nice seating, atmosphere, friendly staff. Dined on a Saturday lunchtime, the place was almost empty. There was a limited lunch menu, I did notice they ran some good special/deals during the week.
Hubby ordered chicken parma ($22) with salad and chips. I order rump, salad and chips ($18) and a garlic bread. The parma was good, my rump with I ordered medium rare was overcooked - well done. The waiter came and asked how the food was and I showed him my steak and he agreed that is very overcooked and did I want a replacement steak? I said no because we were limited with time and it was edible (often over cooked meat is chewy/dry!) and I couldn't spare the time to replace it. We saw him tell the chef, however we weren't offered anything like a complimentary drink, etc to encourage us to return.. Not really good enough consider the place was almost empty.
There were heaps of bugs around of assorted species, so we were swatting our hands around whilst eating. We are local, they weren't sand flies but something to do with the tropical plantings perhaps.

• Visited June 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“GIVE PBH A TRY”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This pub has improved enormously. The food is excellent and reasonably priced with daily specials. The staff are some of the nicest people we met in Australia (and that is saying a lot!) and,as is often the case,make a major difference to the meal.

I know that some earlier reviews were not complimentary but they are really trying hard so give them another go!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Stephen B
“A pub meal can be good for a change”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

It has been a while since we have been to the PBH and the experience was good. The menu choices are what you might expect but the value is there and of course the drinks are at pub prices. There is always the specials to consider. A lunch menu is often advertised for $10.00.
There is outside seating as well as in the restaurant area or at the bar if you prefer. Probably the best point to make is the hotel is small so attention from the staff is prompt and courteous. There is plenty of parking (which can be an issue in Peregian) and gaming if your into that!.
If your heading to Peregian give the pub a go.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank theredman01
Brisbane, Australia
“New management or something - seems like this place is happening again.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have been coming up from brisbane for years, always enjoyed the feel of Peregian. The Peregian Beach Hotel was always solid but over the last few years it felt tired and boring. Finally! Something is being done, new paint, new furniture, new food, happy staff, decent beer (Love the craft beer selection) - it seems like the place I always wanted it to be. I'll be back every time I'm up. One thing - replace those aluminum outdoor chairs - time to move on!

• Visited April 2014