“Great bistro”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Friendly and fast service, great bistro style food at a reasonable price. Also some good beers on tap. What's not to like?

Reviewed 17 July 2014

A modern clean updated hotel with a happy feel and staff who are pleasant and helpful. Generally great meals and a good wine list. We visited several times and would not hesitate to go back.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Title sums it up. After avoiding the pub for a long time after some bad experiences we popped in today. Pizza was yum and cheap at $10 on a Sunday. Service was great, everyone was welcoming and hospitable. Colouring was brought to the table for the kids and the staff were really friendly and accommodating.

I would give it 4 1/2 stars if I could. Will definitely return during the week to check out some of the other menu items.

If you have had a bad experience at the pub, go back and try again!

1  Thank QFam
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Nice seating, atmosphere, friendly staff. Dined on a Saturday lunchtime, the place was almost empty. There was a limited lunch menu, I did notice they ran some good special/deals during the week.
Hubby ordered chicken parma ($22) with salad and chips. I order rump, salad and chips ($18) and a garlic bread. The parma was good, my rump with I ordered medium rare was overcooked - well done. The waiter came and asked how the food was and I showed him my steak and he agreed that is very overcooked and did I want a replacement steak? I said no because we were limited with time and it was edible (often over cooked meat is chewy/dry!) and I couldn't spare the time to replace it. We saw him tell the chef, however we weren't offered anything like a complimentary drink, etc to encourage us to return.. Not really good enough consider the place was almost empty.
There were heaps of bugs around of assorted species, so we were swatting our hands around whilst eating. We are local, they weren't sand flies but something to do with the tropical plantings perhaps.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This pub has improved enormously. The food is excellent and reasonably priced with daily specials. The staff are some of the nicest people we met in Australia (and that is saying a lot!) and,as is often the case,make a major difference to the meal.

I know that some earlier reviews were not complimentary but they are really trying hard so give them another go!

2  Thank Stephen B