The Lough Erne Hotel
  • Pool
US$146
US$147
  • Breakfast included
The Abbey Hotel(Donegal Town)
US$147
US$137
Agoda.com
US$112
US$98
Mill Park Hotel(Donegal Town)
US$218
Harvey's Point(Donegal Town)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsenjoyable weekendnice mealroom was spotlessfirst classbar foodfires
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I have just returned from the above and feel it very necessary to write about our stay here after reading the very nasty and bad comments about this hotel. Only we wanted a few days in Fermanagh we might have cancelled. This is an old hotel so of its period is in good order including the furnishings. From the minute we arrived we were met by a very friendly receptionist who showed us to our room. Room 11 is quite small but spotlessly clean and perfectly comfortable.Generally the hotel is excellent, clean with a very attractive dining room overlooking a river. Breakfasts are quite adequate, granted no fruit, but a good cooked one, and good value for the money. We had one dinner included in the offer, the steak was most tender and a most enjoyable meal. All in all the staff were most kind , helpful and friendly, and I would have no hesitation in going there again or recommending it to my friends.
Shelagh from Holywood

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shelagh F
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had a 3 night stay at the hotel and were well looked after. Although a little dated,the room and en-suite were clean, the bedding was fine and the food over the 3 days was good.
We attended a function on the Saturday evening and although there were some problems, we enjoyed our meal and for main part, the service was fine. At the outset of the evening the bar was poorly staffed causing unnecessary delays and some annoyance amongst the guests.
The serving staff struggled at times but they were hard working, enthusiastic and friendly. We had a complimentary steak meal for 2 as part of the deal ----- the food was good but the red house wine left much to be desired .
All in all we enjoyed our stay and will book again if we re-visit the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

A large party of us visited this hotel for a dinner dance on Sat 21/9/2013. The hotel was booked well in advance and they assured us they could cater for a party of 50.They were informed in advance of the exact numbers and we were advised that the main courses would be a choice of salmon, roast beef, or turkey and ham all basic quite simple dishes. When we arrived we were shown into our function room several of us went to the bar to order drinks,but unfortunately there there were no bar staff,a young man did arrive pulled two pints and left telling us bar staff would arrive shortly 15 MINUTES later a barman arrived and we were eventually served.The meal was then served, I had ordered turkey and ham it arrived, one small thin slice of turkey sitting on top of an equally small slice of ham, three carrots and a round unidentifiable ball which I presumed was stuffing.The plate was stone cold, after a delay of approximately 10 to 15 minutes the vegetables arrived all except the potatoes which my party had to ask for,the meal was cold we had to send it back to be reheated,it arrived back luke warm, at this this point I tried the meat it was over cooked, I tried the stuffing, a ball of wet sawdust would have been preferable, needless to say the meal was totally inedible and I refused to eat it along with several others. The starter of garlic mushrooms were half eaten by the time the the garlic butter arrived.My apple tart was warm delicious and the custard which accompanied it was good. When I complained the lady in charge advised me that the staff had not been trained in silver service, why they attempted it is a mystery as it takes military precision.The whole experience was one huge disaster the staff were amateur it was obvious this hotel does not have a trained chef the food we were served seemed as though it was pre cooked and was not prepared in the hotel but merely reheated. I wish I had read the reviews on this place before we had gone.I am not a fussy eater I eat out on average twice a month approximately and have dined all over Europe and I can say that this is the most inedible meal I have ever come across with the exception of a dish called "Tete de veau" in the south of France.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank charlie h
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Where do I start...booked with a groupon, 2 nights stay steak dinner, chocolates & a bottle of wine! On arrival we were asked for a £50 insurance cover in case of damages or breakages in the room...

The place definitely doesn't look anything like its advert on groupon or their website...just sorry I didn't check reviews before going ahead.

The room - Room 2=average! Clean enough only to find that the walls hadnt been finished painting the lamp on the wall didnt work. Lights over the bed knocked off and on if one of us lent on the headboard, one of them also wonky ready for falling off. Hot tap in bathroom the H circle bit came out a couple of times. Stains on the carpet. Room faces onto main road so traffic can be heard, location is good as kesh is very small, close to the mayfly inn.

Cleanliness-very poor. Bar tables never cleaned, toilets are an absolute disgrace. Men's had puddles of pee on the floor glad I didn't have to see that. Dining room-green flies on every single window, stale bread at breakfast, table cloth the breakfast sits on is grubby! Steak dinner-champ had hard bits in, wine was cheapest they could find..horrible!

Service was poor receptionist seemed to be trying to work on all jobs, bookings, taking orders in the dining room and serving drinks in the bar.

We were asked to leave our key at reception if we weren't going to be back before 12 so the night porter knew which rooms haven't come back. The whole place needs a facelift, it seems stuck in the 70's with decor & music played in the bar...

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Booked through groupon for 2 nights B&B, one evening meal, bottle of wine and chocs on arrival.
On getting to our room (9) we were told our chocs were in room 10 by check out 2 nights later still never got them!
ALL food was served on a cold plate so by the time half finished your meal it was cold!
Breakfast was very disappointing - poor selection and on 2nd morning when I had toasted my own bread I asked for a poached egg - got a full fry as normal with an egg that had been done in the microwave - not good.
Rooms were tiny and I am by no means a clean freak but could do with getting rid of the cobwebs that were almost everywhere!
REALLY needs some paint and modernisation - was really disappointed with my experience here.
Staff were good but on morning 1 the lady that worked - everywhere could just about move she was so hung over and not at all professional.

• Stayed: September 2013