“A slice of heaven in Andalucia”
Review of Diva Espana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Comares
Diva Espana
London, United Kingdom
“A slice of heaven in Andalucia”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My 3rd visit to Diva Espana ... Kathy's food as always is delectable, and the view over the hills and distant mountains as stunning as ever. Linda, Kathy and Spice made me feel very welcome, and it was good to exchange news since my last visit a year ago. I loved the new little touch of finding shampoo, shower gel and body lotion in the bathroom. Visiting therapist Julie gave me the best aromatherapy massage I have ever had in my life; but my abiding memory this year is the birdsong that filled the air as I lay by the pool, or sat eating breakfast on the terrace. Top tip for other travellers is to get up early enough to watch the sun rise over the mountains ... even if you do then go back to bed for a nap before breakfast! This place is great for finding space to think and be, with the added bonus of having friendly lively conversation around the supper table. I was travelling alone and knew one couple from last year and met two more, and the seven of us quickly gelled and had a riotous time together ... devising our own Diamond Jubilee entertainment since we weren't in Britain for the festivities. I shall return.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JSC49

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

5th visit and it's just gets better and better! The perfect way to relax with very comfortable facilities and gorgeous food!
Kathy and Linda are perfect hosts and nothing is too much trouble. Excellent value for money including pick up and drop off at airport.
Can't wait until next year! Sooner if I can fit it in.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This is the 5th time I have stayed at Diva with my friends and the second time with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law and we all look forward to many more visits. We now regard Kathy and Linda as friends and feel part of the family - and Spice is like the family dog. A complete chill out and break is the reason we visit and we are never disappointed - from the minute we are picked up at the airport to the minute we are dropped off again (this comes round all too quickly of course) hospitality is in abundance and our happiness is of the utmost importance. Food is always fantastic and the accommodation is always of the highest standard. Last year we even left our towels and toiletries for a return visit, and this time we have done the same. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

...i've actually lost count of the number of times i've been to Diva Espana now!....and that is a really good thing!....lots of fantastic reviews have already been written and I echo all these about the beauty, friendliness, excellent standard, fantastic food, location etc ....just thought i'd add a bit about my own personal experience of Diva Espana too....I initially stayed at DE with my partner and we had several amazing stays here as a couple....in recent years we are unable to be away from home due to caring commitments, so have both visited DE on our own.....I was a bit apprehensive about this initially ....but I needn't have been at all....women who stay at Diva Espana are such a diverse bunch!...couples, solo travellers, friends, family members, 'first timers' and regulars like me!...but one thing is for certain the care and attention given to individual needs of guests means that Kathy, Linda and Spice create a atmosphere and environment where everyone feels instantly welcomed and at home......there are plenty of spaces and opportunities to have quiet, peaceful times...but equally there are lots of occasions for chatting and making new friends too....I visit Diva Espana with a stack of books to read....and literally spend my time there reading, swimming, eating Kathy's amazing food and totally relaxing! (maybe adding in a horse ride with Clare down the road if i'm feeling energetic!!)......I always leave feeling wonderfully chilled with batteries recharged and ready to face my busy life in the UK again ..... but already very much looking forward to my next visit in September this year x

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This was our second visit, you never know how somewhere will be when you return, but WOW, Diva Espana just captures you. Kathy & Linda do everything above and beyond to make sure you get what you want out of your holiday, we cannot fault a single thing, everything was as perfect as the first time. So a big thanks to Kathy & Linda for making Diva Espana such a fabulous destination for us gals! (not forgetting the adorable Spice.)

1 Thank sallybee40
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Diva Espana is AWESOME!!!!!!! Customer service is excellent, every single detail is thought off and applied! Nothing more you could ask for on a holiday: sun, scenery, pool, Jacuzzi, company, food, amazing array of wine, stunning views from bedrrom, massage, facial, olive trees (dont recommend eating olives straight from the tree!!) 6 sessions of L word!!!
We spent such a relaxing week here in the middle of moving house, which was greatly required! Although were so relaxed by the end of the week we couldn’t be bothered to apply suncream! and returned to a wet and storm ridden UK as lobsters!!!
Having never been to a womens only retreat before it was a great experience to meet so many like minded women and just to be in such non-judgemental environment for a whole week.
Kathy and spice were the best hosts (hope to meet Linda soon, when they come to visit us!, next time they are in the UK!)) The food was to die for! We still miss it now! Mealtimes will never be the same! We miss you!!

2 Thank Lisa_marie2301
Wilstead
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We arrived at Diva Espana through a recommendation from friends who have not stopped talking about how fantastic DE is.  So, we thought we should go ourselves, how  glad we are, what a 'gem of a place'  Kathy & Linda have created.  Lovely rooms which are spotlessly  clean, fabulous food,  amazing views and excellent customer service. Diva Espana is one of those places you just do not want to ever leave, unfortunately we had too, but hey we've booked to return, can't wait!

4 Thank JanWin72_12