“Gourmet mountain retreat”
Review of Diva Espana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Comares
Diva Espana
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Gourmet mountain retreat”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I've just returned from Diva after my eighth trip and I'll be going back again.It's an absolute retreat from modern life in a UK city with fabulous food. While we there the Diva Delicious book was launched on Amazon and I've already downloaded it in the hope of recreating a little bit of my holiday at home. Before discovering Diva Espana I had rarely visited anywhere more than once but this place is special. Diva Espana makes you feel utterly at ease in a beautiful and superbly maintained environment. The hosts Kathy and Linda make you feel cared for and really do go the extra mile to make sure your holiday with them is as special as possible. I highly recommend Diva Espana

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just returned from my fifth visit to Diva Espana. My partner is bemused as he says "but you never go anywhere twice?" Well, it's true I want to explore the whole world, but there is something unique about Diva Espana that draws me back. I've been here with friends (three times) and alone (twice) and always feel entirely at home. With space to relax quietly whilst contemplating the amazing views by day, or the stars above by night, and yet a warm and lively welcome around the communal table each evening, this place offers a bit of everything. Kathy's food is as delectable as ever and Linda's cheeky remarks unfailingly make everyone laugh. They together with Spice and Duffy make every guest feel cherished and welcome. I wouldn't miss the opportunity of a massage with Julie either. I travelled with a friend I've known for 22 years this time and she loved it too, and being a more active character than I, she enjoyed climbing to the top of a nearby hill to admire even more views and taking advantage of the nearby horse riding. Meanwhile I revelled in sunshine, birdsong and reading beside the pool. Will I be back again? Most definitely!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My partner and I have just returned from our first visit to Diva Espana and it will certainly not be our last as we are now looking to go back again in September!
If you want the perfect chillaxing destination, this is the place to go.
The food is awesome, nothing is too much trouble for the hosts and we were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived.
The apartment was immaculate and we were surrounded by panoramic views.
The whole experience was extremely tranquil and have never felt so relaxed.
We cannot wait to go back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Fabulous!
I have just returned from my second visit to 'Diva Espana', and there will no doubt be a third, fourth and more in future years. The place is immaculate. Linda and Kathy go to great efforts to make their guests feel welcome. I was in great need of relaxing after the treadmill of work, and this place really does it. Fantastic food (at very good value) lovingly created by Kathy, great company not only from the hosts, but also the other guests, and enough space for privacy if you wish. Just relax, enjoy the peace, the scenery, the walking, the pool and above all.....the magic of this place.

Room Tip: This is a quiet and relaxing setting. There are 3 rooms and an apartment. All immaculate and equally...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Saltash, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was my third time at Diva Espana and my partner's second and I'm already looking at returning again later this year and booking for next as well. As it happens, Diva Espana is the only holiday destination for me that seems to inspire such addictive loyalty. Every time actually offers something different and special with new experiences by the bucket load. Yes, it's guaranteed pleasure and luxury with 5 star food and accommodation ticking every possible box. But for me it's also the people that truly make it. The hosts Linda and Kathy deserve honorary degrees in hospitality and are a gorgeous couple - and every guest you get to meet is like another land waiting to be discovered. I totally love meal times and the fact it's communal. It's a rare thing to find so many incredibly interesting women passing the salt every night of the week. Brilliant. And combined with the post dinner terrace star gazing it's a total joy.

This time round we went for 11 nights to give ourselves enough time to explore. The fact there was an unanticipated May heatwave meant we only managed a sweltering day trip to Cordoba. Poolside Diva, cloud watching and Andalusian mountain views are also pretty bewitching so we weren't too gutted our heat sapped holiday legs didn't fit in more day trips. I did manage to binge on horse riding with Clair and her horses only 2 minutes away and had a couple of heavenly massages with Julia so that made up for it big time. Julia also managed to knock up a potion for my prickly heat rash that included a shot of vodka mixed with various essential oils, a definite first. Combined with the Aloe Vera she brought from her garden you have some idea of how wonderfully spoiled I felt. The massage is a must.

Top tip from this time though is not to park your hire car in Cordoba without fully checking if it's a legal spot. We had a small unanticipated adventure with our car being taken to a pound. Despite not speaking much Spanish everyone was totally lovely, just don't mention the stonking fine we had to pay to get it out. The reassuring thing is that no matter the mishap you know in the back of your mind that Linda and Kathy would rescue any damsels in distress - even the daft ones who park in loading bays.

Anyway, we'd still return to Cordoba and there's so much to discover in that whole area of Spain. We can't wait to go back for more. Diva Espana is a place to just luxuriate and take your time with each trip. And if you need a little extra to help you relax then you can take advantage of Linda's cocktail prowess - the 'Mai Thais' were to die for but just not so ideal for trotting on a horse the following day...But to top it all off Kathy even washed my horse sweat drenched jodhpurs. Now, you can't get more beyond the call of Diva duty than that. Thanks both, you're divine x

Almere, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 May 2014

A fantastic place to hold a wonderful holiday. It is super well cared for in terms of room, good food and the setting is super! Kathy and Linda take care of everything to the last detail. Furthermore, there is walking from Diva Espana delicious and enjoy Andalusia.
In short .. no longer doubt but book tis place!
Theresa

Room Tip: all of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Heathfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

As first timers at Diva España, we absolutely loved it.
It really does tick all our holiday boxes. Fantastic views, clean and comfortable rooms, wonderful hosts, so friendly and helpful. Great local walks, we only got in our hire car twice. Fantastic for bird watchers especially April/May time.
The food is delicious and wonderfully presented.
The place is so well cared for.
Will definitely be back. 10 out of 10 Linda and Kathy
Jo and Jules

Room Tip: We stayed in the Olive Grove apartment