“Heaven on Earth :)”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

744pablos
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Heaven on Earth :)”
Reviewed 7 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I cannot thank Jane and Luc enough for their hospitality during my three days at their guest house.
A perfect retreat to relax and take in the breathtaking views that Spain never fails to deliver. It did not stop there in the evening it is a star gazers paradise I spent so long marveling at the the different constellations I went to bed with a bit of a sore neck ! no wonder Luc has a telescope :)

On arrival at Casa de Pepe you are under no illusion that you are in the real Spain, surrounded with mountains full of olive trees and grape vines with just just the sound of birds and the odd tractor for your soundtrack I was looking forward to chilling out and drinking some good rioja.

The guest house is very comfortable with a Choice of a double bedroom or twin as well as the upstairs sofa bed as I was travelling on my own I of course opted for the double :) there is a few steep steps upto the bedroom from the dining room so not great if you are not able bodied but very comfortable and private all the same.

The kitchen has everything you need including a dishwasher, washing machine, and the usual cooker fridge etc and all pots and pans making it a very practical self catering holiday.

The thing that hits you the most are the stunning views from both terraces to wake up to these unobstructed views each morning is worth the nightly fee on its own let alone the pool and the tranquility.

I hired a car from Malaga airport and it took me a leisurely 1 hr and 15 mins to get to the nearby village of Comares A delightful old town steeped in history I spent most of my second day here.Once arrived Luc met me and guided me down to the guest house which is 10 mins from the center. The welcome pack including beer was much appreciated and I quickly settled in to my accommodation.You do need to be dof friendly as they greeted us upon my arrival fortunately I love dogs and each one is adorable and wanted to make room in my suitcase for at least one. The guset house is quite private and safe and you are left alone to do your own thing but if you need anything at all Jane and Luc are on hand to help.

Overall an excellent stay and will definitely be going back.

Thank you Jane and luc for a lovely stay see you soon, xx

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the views, the location and the hospitality
Liked least: nothing.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
8 Nov 2016
Thank you Paul. It was lovely to meet you and hope to see you again. Jane and Luc x
Grace1606
“Review”
Reviewed 2 November 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Amazing views, truly relaxing. Owners were very welcoming, 5 star service. Accommodation was lovely. Would definitely recommend. Will be going back as soon as I can.

Jane W
“Excellent holiday”
Reviewed 15 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Booked Casa De Pepe for 2 weeks mainly to relax and celebrate my 50th birthday with my husband an a couple of friends. Jane and Luc are an amazing couple who cant do enough for you. Before we arrived at Casa De Pepe, we phoned Jane for the best place to get some shopping she gave us directions to the local supermarket in Velez Malaga. Upon arrival we phoned and Luc met us at the top of the road to follow him down to the house.
They had left us provisions in the fridge, eggs, cold meat, milk, butter, fresh orange, tea, coffee, sugar, dishwasher tablets, soap powder, washing up liquid, not forgetting the bowl of delicious cherries too! Luc even went to the supermarket for us on the first night as we ran out of wine. Thanks Luc.
The house is fantastic with everything you need.
Double bedroom is a reasonable size with chest of drawers and double wardrobe and a welcomed fan, although the farmhouse is cooler than outside, we did feel we needed the fan after all we were there end of July beginning Aug. Twin room also with double wardrobe.
Living room upstairs via stair off the dining room or up the outside stair leading to the outside balcony with sunbeds and dining table. There is a tv with videos, wii, books and lots more, we never used the lounge we sat mostly outside downstairs.
Dining room with large dresser stocked well with plenty glasses cups etc. Information table with all the local information you might need, if not Jane and Luc are always on hand for any questions you might have. There is also a safe, but we never felt the need to use it we felt confident that our belongings were safe enough.
Kitchen is not overly large but it had all the requirements needed for your holiday, washing machine, dishwasher, oven, microwave, kettle toaster, fridge freezer, all utensils, etc.
Homemade birthday cake from Jane and Luc a bottle of Cava and a card for my birthday, what a thoughtful thing.
All in all think this place has to have been one of the most relaxing and chilled out places I have ever been. Without a doubt we will be back and also be recommending to friends.
Plunge pool excellent relief when we got too hot, most days the temperature in the pool was 30-35°C
I would like to take this opportunity to wish Jane & Luc all the best with their business as they continue to work hard.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Christine...
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Restful and relaxing”
Reviewed 24 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We arrived late at night and were sent direction to drive there plus we were given a phone number should we need it. When we arrived Jane and Luc had supplied essential groceries , and were available to showus the villaeven though it was after midnight.
Jane and Luc went out of their way to make our holiday fantastic. The villa provides a home from home accom with a well equipped kitchen should you wish to cook the fresh fish available from the van which visits twice a week . We used the BBQ which had gas and I have to say I tasted the best prawns , squid and cuttlefish , which was really fresh. The views are really amazing and the splash pool is warm but refreshing in the hot weather.
The nearest town is Comares and is a topical Spaish village which has a fantastic resturant were again the views are breath taking. In the local bar we booked a taxi back to the villa which cost 5 euros.
We stayed two weeks and travelled around the area visiting the beaches , and villages returning in the evening to welcoming host. Thankyou for a great holiday.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
David W
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Rest and Relaxation away from it all”
Reviewed 2 June 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We spent a week at Casa de Pepe in April. When we arrived a welcome pack awaited which was much appreciated following our flight and journey from the airport. The accommodation is well appointed with everything you could need, it is set in beautiful surroundings, and is very peaceful and tranquil. There is a daily bread and weekly fresh fish delivery. The plunge pool was most welcome on the hot days. Malaga Old Town is close by and Seville and Granada are within easy driving distance. The area itself is very popular with cyclists, bikers and walkers. Jane and Luc are very helpful if there is anything you want to know about the area, and there is plenty of information in the farmhouse too. If you are wanting a holiday to get away from it all then Casa de Pepe is for you!

Moonbeams...
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Lovely holiday. Highly recommended”
Reviewed 21 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

It was our first trip to Spain, mainly so my daughter can brush up on her GCSE Spanish. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip.
Casa de Pepe is a very well appointed and comfortable place to stay with the most spectacular mountain views. The kitchen was very well equiped and user friendly
Jane and Luc were great hosts, helping when I had any questions and recomending local places to walk, eat etc. There was plenty for us to do and see.
I can't recommend Casa de Pepe highly enough and our Spanish is much improved!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fabulous mountain views
Travelling group: Teenagers
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sara G
“Fantastic ”
Reviewed 4 March 2016 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

Myself and my partner recently spent a week at Casa de Pepe. Luc and Jane were very welcoming, and had provided us with a great food parcel when we arrived. The plan was to do quite a lot of sightseeing, but, when we arrived the weather was warmer than expected, so we took full advantage of the terrace and BBQ, and enjoyed the views for much of the time. We could feel the stress wash away.
We did visit Comares and followed the trail around the village. There are a lot of steep slopes, but it's worth the walk around this lovely village which gave us a good excuse for some well deserved tapas in Bar La Plaza in the main square. A trip to the coastal town of Torre del Mar and a bus ride to Malaga completed our sightseeing, but we will be back.
Casa de Pepe is an ideal location from which to explore much of historic Spain. We would recommend this property to anyone wanting to kick back and enjoy the slow paced life in this beautiful area.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing