“Totally worthwhile! Fun and beautiful ”

Kimono Art Workshop Kyo-ya
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Would you like to try painting your own kimono pattern on post card? You can paint fun while watching a sample. You can put the finished picture postcard on the spot and take it home. Please create your own original postcard by all means in commemoration of Kyoto trip! Since this workshop is located near Kiyomizudera, Sanjusangendo and Kyoto National Museum, you can feel free to drop in on the way of sightseeing.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Handmade momentos mean more! Terrific hosts, peaceful and inviting setting. All, including teenage daughter, enjoyed artists with painting and delicious snacks. This authentic, off the beaten path, activity was definitely a highlight of our trip to Kyoto. Suitable for any age.

kyosukek2018, オーナー at Kimono Art Workshop Kyo-ya, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hello Judy G
Thank you for posting a nice review. We were also happy that we could spend very nice time with your husband and daughter.
Both of them enjoyed our workshop very well and we enjoyed being able to sing the Beatles' songs together.
They said that this time was the first time for a Japanese trip, but please come back if there is anything you can come to Japan again. Thank you!
Please say hello to your husband and daughter.

All reviews
"kimono"
"japan"
"kyoto"

Reviewed 16 July 2018

My daughters are aged 5 and 8. Both really enjoyed the art class. Mr&Mrs. Kyosuke Kojima are lovely and kind hearted hosts. It was by far my daughters favourite thing to do in Kyoto. The art work they produced was a beautiful souvenir of Japan. Something they were proud of and something that will always remind them of their holiday.

kyosukek2018, オーナー at Kimono Art Workshop Kyo-ya, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hellow Andrew J
Thank you for posting the review. Your daughters were 8 and 5 years old, but they worked fine on the subject of the workshop.
We are happy to know that five years old is the youngest age in my classroom.
It's great!!!
As this experience is useful, we hope they will try more and more things.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Its a long-overdue review. It's my pleasure to meet Mr. &Mrs. Kojima. They are very friendly and nice, as they waited for me who was late because I got on the wrong bus and got lost on the way to their studio. From what I learnt that Mr. Kojima who has extensive knowledge of Kimono design. He carefully guided me to finish the postcards. Also you can see his other artworks with very special characters both with Japanese theme or western theme. I brought some of his unique and pretty postcards. I'm truly enjoy this workshop and I would highly recommend anyone who are into traditional Japanese kimono art. If I had a chance to visit Kyoto again, I'll visit again.

kyosukek2018, オーナー at Kimono Art Workshop Kyo-ya, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hi! Lei C
Thank you for posting reviews here too! We are very happy.
Now you return to your country, it is a great pleasure for us that you remember the beauty of Japan.
Next time when you come to Japan, please be sure to come to our workshop. Thank you!

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We had a great time sheltering from the rain and learning . They welcomed my four year old grandson with great patient . A great venue