Open today: 10:00 - 12:00, 14:00 - 16:00
Review Highlights
Stupendous cultural experience in Kyoto!

If you're fascinated with traditional Japanese culture and want to learn more through an immersive... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
michaelsballard
Chattanooga, Tennessee
The best experience in Kyoto

Doing this experience was an amazing discovery: not only the activity itself is beautiful and you... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
bellaab2327
Seoul, South Korea
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Higashiyama
from US$130.83
from US$42.05
from US$70.09
More Info
All reviews love japanese kyoto trip japanese culture yoko kojima activity pattern sweets postcards souvenir teacher session kimono tranquil lesson class
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Kyosuke Kojima and his wife Yoko were excellent hosts! We had a wonderful morning with them as they guided us through our selected paintings. It was an excellent way to experience a bit of Japanese culture (complete with tea and snacks) in a very quiet and unique way. Best of all, you get a hand made souvenir to bring home! I would highly recommend this experience.

Date of experience: September 2018
kyosukek2018, オーナー at Kimono Art Workshop Kyo-ya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Hi! Ben R

Sorry for the late reply.
Thank you for posting reviews before this.

Your daughter painted a kimono pattern very well.
Moreover, we were surprised by the certainty of the eyes to distinguish your art.

If you are coming to Japan again, please do come to the Kyo-ya!
Thank you!

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Handmade momentos mean more! Terrific hosts, peaceful and inviting setting. All, including teenage daughter, enjoyed artists with painting and delicious snacks. This authentic, off the beaten path, activity was definitely a highlight of our trip to Kyoto. Suitable for any age.

Date of experience: September 2018
kyosukek2018, オーナー at Kimono Art Workshop Kyo-ya, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hello Judy G
Thank you for posting a nice review. We were also happy that we could spend very nice time with your husband and daughter.
Both of them enjoyed our workshop very well and we enjoyed being able to sing the Beatles' songs together.
They said that this time was the first time for a Japanese trip, but please come back if there is anything you can come to Japan again. Thank you!
Please say hello to your husband and daughter.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

My daughters are aged 5 and 8. Both really enjoyed the art class. Mr&Mrs. Kyosuke Kojima are lovely and kind hearted hosts. It was by far my daughters favourite thing to do in Kyoto. The art work they produced was a beautiful souvenir of Japan. Something they were proud of and something that will always remind them of their holiday.

Date of experience: July 2018
kyosukek2018, オーナー at Kimono Art Workshop Kyo-ya, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hellow Andrew J
Thank you for posting the review. Your daughters were 8 and 5 years old, but they worked fine on the subject of the workshop.
We are happy to know that five years old is the youngest age in my classroom.
It's great!!!
As this experience is useful, we hope they will try more and more things.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Its a long-overdue review. It's my pleasure to meet Mr. &Mrs. Kojima. They are very friendly and nice, as they waited for me who was late because I got on the wrong bus and got lost on the way to their studio. From what I learnt that Mr. Kojima who has extensive knowledge of Kimono design. He carefully guided me to finish the postcards. Also you can see his other artworks with very special characters both with Japanese theme or western theme. I brought some of his unique and pretty postcards. I'm truly enjoy this workshop and I would highly recommend anyone who are into traditional Japanese kimono art. If I had a chance to visit Kyoto again, I'll visit again.

Date of experience: November 2017
kyosukek2018, オーナー at Kimono Art Workshop Kyo-ya, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hi! Lei C
Thank you for posting reviews here too! We are very happy.
Now you return to your country, it is a great pleasure for us that you remember the beauty of Japan.
Next time when you come to Japan, please be sure to come to our workshop. Thank you!

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We had a great time sheltering from the rain and learning . They welcomed my four year old grandson with great patient . A great venue

Date of experience: May 2018