“Fantastic cosy bar especially for the Western travellers”

Moonshine Karaoke Bar
Ranked #69 of 8,858 Restaurants in Chuo
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Description: Moonshine is an international karaoke bar found in the heart of Osaka. On any given night you can find a mix of expats, travellers, world roamers, and Japanese singing their hearts out to all different styles of music. We have a wide selection of alcohols and beers including many that are made only in Osaka! We have Japanese and English speaking staff. You can sing karaoke in English/Japanese/Korean and a few other languages for select songs. We are open 7 days a week and are ready for a party any night of the week. You can make a reservation or just show up ready to drink and have fun! Because we support local businesses we also suggest that after paying us a visit you can find the following bars: Mustang, Moontower, and Space Station all within one block.
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed this bar, best bar in Osaka as far as we're concerned! Drinks were a little more but you're paying for the fantastic karaoke experience! Brian was a great host! Highly recommended!!!

Date of visit: October 2016
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

HEY! (all caps hey!) Thanks for the review and I am glad you took the time to write it. Morever, glad you had fun at Moonshine singing and more importantly drinking and more importantly singing and drinking and having fun (or something like that). As always (a reminder for others if they like to read my responses), No charge for seats, and no Karaoke charge (not too rare, but definitely rare enough for a first floor karaoke bar in Japan). Hope the rest of your trip was equally as fun!

Write a reviewReviews (79)

Reviewed 12 September 2016

I was travelling alone and stayed a couple of nights in Osaka. On my second night I came here, since I'm a sucker for karaoke. At first I was a bit intimidated by how few people there were, but the night was young and plenty of people to come.
The drinks were great, the atmosphere was amazing and the people were so fun! The guests ranged for regulars to first timers (like myself). Some stayed only for a short while, whereas others stayed the entire night.
It was overall a really memorable part of my stay and I'll definitely swing by again the next time I'm in Osaka

Date of visit: September 2016
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Hey! We had a great night! Thanks for taking the time to write the review. After a few drinks anyone can sing and I think we proved it! Till next time!

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Although it was some time ago since my traveling buddy and I came to this little bar, but the memory of shenanigans that night still live on to this day.
With a bartender that can throw an array of delicious drinks time and time again, with the creative yet dangerous gambling and service with a smile.
At first I was quite daunted on walking into an empty bar but as the night went on, it quickly filled into such a broad group of nationalities. American, Australian, Japanese, Finnish, with all these different cultures in one Karaoke bar creates such an atmosphere that really explains what Moonshine really is.

It was such a great time that we returned back for a second night on the way back through Osaka.

Thank you once again!

Date of visit: June 2016
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

Thanks for swinging through more than once! Glad you guys enjoyed the party and added to the atmosphere!

Reviewed 3 August 2016

Me and my traveling companion went out of our way to stop here a second time. We enjoyed the staff and the fun bets with the staff. When closing time came we stopped off at the sister location just to spend more time with the bartenders. We made many memories here and hope to visit again one day. Thank you for a great time!

Date of visit: July 2016
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Both bars in one night!? And you still made it home in one piece!? Wow!

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

The moonshine is insane. The owner is awesome and the bar staff is great. Perfect for meeting new people and partying hard.

Date of visit: July 2016

Glad you stopped by you maniac!