“Great finish to my Japan Adventure ”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #12 of 1,570 Restaurants in Roppongi
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Description: Hard Rock Cafe is a global phenomenon with 185 cafes that are visited by nearly 80 million guests each year. The first Hard Rock Cafe opened on June 14, 1971, in London, England, and from there the brand has expanded to major cities and exotic locations around the world.
Reviewed 9 September 2019 via mobile

As one to always seek out a HRC if possible I’m glad I took the metro to Roppongi for this one. Although small it’s definitely a case of great things in small packages.

The staff were excellent and friendly and the food was superb - a twist on my favourite pulled pork sandwich, I had the Texan which with the fried, tempura onions and jalapeños was delicious! Followed by the always superb Oreo cheesecake washed down with a California Zinfandel.

They were having a Freddie Mercury theme with a live impersonator which was great fun.

Overall one of the best HRCs I’ve visited.

Date of visit: September 2019
ryonino, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2019

Hi G_O_C479

Thank you for giving us such a great review. I’m very happy to hear from you! From your long review, it tells us how much you had fun! Our Freddie Mercury event is annual thing to rock in every Hard Rock. Freddie Milk shake which is Limited Time Offer is very unique and perfect for pictures! Come visit us on weekday evening for some drink at bar! They will be 50% off which is Happy Hour to get away from outside heat! We will rock you again!

Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

After passing a group on Mario carts on the road outside, I popped in here on a hot day with a colleague for a couple of quick beers mid afternoon. The place was fairly quiet so seated at the bar and served quickly.

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank grantm264
ryonino, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2019

Hi Grant M

Thank you for their review. I’m glad you enjoyed our beer and hope you did with Mario Carts! On weekday evening at 3 PM to 8 PM we have Happy Hour at Bar. Most of drink is 50% off to get away from heat outside! Come visit us whenever you are thirsty! We are looking forwards to seeing you again!

Reviewed 16 August 2019 via mobile

This is a smaller HRC, so a bit limited in the memorabilia. A bit out of the way. Nice staff, food was ok. Glad I checked it out but wouldn’t put it in my top HRCs that I’ve visited. Will hit the other Tokyo HRC next time around.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank brettoly
ryonino, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

Hi brettoly

Thank you for taking your time for the review. I’m glad you found the way to Hard Rock. We, Hard Rock Cafe Tokyo, is the second oldest Hard Rock Cafe in the world. Since 1983, we have been in the same location and never moved away. Our Hard Rock Cafe is a bit small but has so much history here! Come visit us again to find out our crazy story with Rockstars! We are looking forwards to seeing you again.

Ryo. Y

Reviewed 15 August 2019 via mobile

Food was average for hard rock (tried better in other countries), the highest BUT is that in Jaoan they NEVER include tip and they ALWAYS include tax in the price that you see on the menu. The place is not overpriced but I like to pay for what I order and not 10% MANDATORY tip plus tax, JAPAN IS NOT THE USA. I will never come back

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank MnL008
ryonino, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2019

Dear MnL008

Thank you for taking your time for the review. I’m very sorry that you were not satisfied with our service. Your honest opinion is very appreciated for improving our service and system. The management team will consider what we can do and change.

Thank you for bringing up to our attention.

Sincerely

Ryo. Y

Reviewed 3 August 2019

Normally I would suggest shying away from Hard Rocks as they tend to be tourist traps and overpriced with subpar food. However, on this occasion I will suggest the opposite. I have now been to every Hard Rock in Japan from Fukuoka up to Yokohama and this along with the Kyoto location is by far my favourite. The staff are very personable, warm and friendly. Mum and I visited and wanted to use her birthday coupon along with the appetiser coupon. Appetiser coupon wouldn't work so the manager compd it on the house, no arguments. Can not praise them enough. Only downside is that there's not lift to get upstairs to the restaurant, which for disabled people is tough.

Date of visit: July 2019
ryonino, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2019

Hi Natesmith1016

Thank you for taking your time for long reviews I’m very happy to hear from you! Wow, you are the biggest Hard Rock Fan, and we thank you about that! Next time you visit us, let’s trade some pins for fun! By the way, my favorite pin is City Icon guitars! And did you know that we, Hard Rock Cafe Tokyo, is the second oldest Hard Rock Cafe in the world! Which means you made our another history with us!

Let me know whenever you plan to visit Tokyo. We would love to rock with you again. And say Hi to your mother!