Hotel Eden
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Pensione Belvedere(San Domino)
Hotel Gabbiano(San Domino)
  • Restaurant
Hotel La Vela(San Domino)
View Hotel
Hotel San Domino(San Domino)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Le Viole(San Domino)
  • Restaurant
Albergo La Pineta(San Domino)
Albergo Rossana(San Domino)
View Hotel
Hotel Lesina(Marina di Lesina)
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2013

At €126 a night, I found this hotel horribly overpriced. I was actually even made to feel like I got a fantastic deal because of having used the Amex to book via hotel.com (surprise, surprise: they don’t take Amex and I had to re-book with the hotel); the hotel had actually quoted me an even higher rate to start with!
There tends to be a general problem with certain parts of Italy, like the Tremiti: Beautiful, magical, unforgettable places no doubt, but terrible ratio between quality and price. Everything is so shockingly expensive.
The location of Hotel Eden is good but then again San Domino is so small, you can walk pretty much anywhere in a matter of minutes.
The hotel is a little tired, no safe in the room, a tiny matchbox of a television which very much looks like a museum piece that only shows two very fuzzy channels. I mean – the islands are so stunning and I pity the person that comes to the Tremiti to watch television but why put in the rooms something that looks so ridiculously antiquated and is unusable?
The towels are so thin, they are practically sheets (on day 2 they were even thinner and almost unusable – they felt like ice on the skin). The shower is tiny and the sliding shower door is so flimsy it kept getting stuck and me having to be rescued out of the cubicle by my husband.
On the last morning both light bulbs (in the bedroom and in the bathroom) went in the space of 5 minutes, which was a bizarre coincidence. We didn't mention it to reception because it was half an hour before we were due to leave to catch our hydrofoil and they wouldn't have had time to fix it - but it meant we had to shower in darkness.

It has to be said, the staff is extremely courteous, friendly and helpful. Always happy to offer advice with a smile.
Breakfast, quite abundant for Italy, is served on a beautiful terrace overlooking the sea. However, since twice it rained during the night while we were staying, we could only enjoy this beautiful setting once. The coffee could be better, but then again you never get good coffee in hotels.

We spent a beautiful day at Cala Delle Arene (beautiful sandy beach, crystal clear waters, better than a swimming pool) and a delightful afternoon at Cala Dei Benedettini and Cala Tramontana (stunning sunsets). We also had a fantastic day on a little motor boat that gave us the freedom to explore the whole archipelago and spend an unforgettable day exploring San Nicola and swimming in some stunning secluded bays (loved Cala dello Spido and Cala dei Turchi).
There seems to be an abundance of opportunities to rent small boats. They are offered by various representatives in the port as soon as a boat arrives from the mainland, plus every restaurant and hotel seems to also have a boat rental activity going on the side. It is the thing to do on the Tremiti and I heartily recommend it. However the average seems to be €130 for the day including fuel, which is shocking compared to Croatia and Greece, where we have done the same for less than half the price.

The Tremiti are stunning but the price, and above all the ratio price / quality, really makes you wonder whether it is worth coming here at all. It pains me to say this, but you just need to go across to Croatia to encounter the same natural beauty for half the price (accommodation, ferries, boat rentals, everything)
I am not a fussy traveller and I do not need luxury when travelling, especially when you are surrounded by so much beauty. But I am fan of services being fairly priced and this hotel is not.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank claudia186338
Edenhotel, Direttore at Hotel Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Claudia, first of all thank you for you visit us. As well we could say: “overhosted”, but we won’t. Sometime our guest are so satisfied for staff service that forget Hotel Eden is a three star, so you can have extremely efficient staff, but you can’t pretend four star towels, safebox or Tv set. Anyway Apulia region has switched to digital signal just few months ago and so far we have reached some channels by parabolic antenna. We are sorry for that ridiculously antiquated Tv, but in the room you found minibar, hairdryer and air conditioned. We could give you our room courtesy for shower that morning, or we could change the bulbs quickly.
You were very disappointed about the price on all Tremiti Island, € 126,00 for a double room is too cheap for Dubai, too expensive for Croatia and right price for Tremiti. They are three different places with different economy and different culture; all around the world there’s a place cheaper than the one other place.
Please come to visit us again, we’re sure you’ll appreciate a room cheaper than a rent boat.

First manager

Reviewed 16 September 2012

First the location, tiny islands of Tremiti, few know them or visit them, a real jewel on the adriatic sea. You arrive vis ship from Termoli and you wonder how come you have never been there before....very nice coast, water but people make the difference...not lux location but fiirst class smile, service, food and fine accomodations. The Eden is all I have said and more and while there rent a small boat and do go around the islands and dont miss cocktails in the small piazza where it all happens

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TomboloTTR
Edenhotel, Direttore at Hotel Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Tremiti Islands are magic and no better words as yours has ever described the atmosphere of the island. Several people come to Tremiti and looking for shopping roads as Capri or Ischia (wonderful islands too) but Tremiti is different, sometimes trivial but genuine. The nature is uncontaminated and the water very clear. People are people everywhere, and we are happy you found sincerely smiles in our hotel, it’s one of our first goals. “Make it magic” and we did it for you. Thank you indeed Mr Guarducci, waiting for you again here.

first manager

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Arrived by fast ferry from Termoli around 10.15am. Met by hotel shuttle bus and found ourselves in spotlessly clean room with small fridge and sea view within 15 minutes! Manager spoke fluent English and made a real effort to help us in any way he could. Dinner on hotel terrace on Saturday night was excellent; three courses, live music and first class service. First class buffet breakfast also served on terrace. Delightful little cove at rear of hotel accessed by series of steps. Good place to swim/snorkel though like most of the island access to sea is over rocks - swim shoes essential! Took boat trip around islands which is worth doing although there is also the opportunity to hire small boat for those who want to 'put their hand to the tiller.' Small 'mini-market' is 20 metres away as are several bar/restaurants many advertising live music. Enjoyable stay, two to three days is enough. Shower room available on day of departure. Caution! Check where return ferry will depart - some leave from San Nicola which means a short boat transfer.

Room Tip: Make any special request in advance and report any problems immediately.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Derryhale2012

Thank you very much to stay at the Hotel Eden Mr. Derryhele. I always say to myself that I'll be able to say "I can speak English when I'll use all three conditional in a correct way", but so far it's enough to communicate. We are so happy we've been helpful for your vacation. As we see you enjoyed Tremiti’s sea during the day, but we wait for you for next vacation to enjoy the diomedee’s tour that start after 22,00 for a couple of hours, only for our guests. We can do this tour only in moonless nights when diomedees singing to find the way home.
Thank for your review and come back to visit us.

first manager

Reviewed 11 July 2010

Just returned from a trip to Italy. This is a great place to stay in San Domino. I have been to Tremiti many times and this hotel probably offers the best value. The hotel offers a free shuttle that picked us up at the arrival. The room was clean, large and had a nice view (I had the room 123). There was also a small fridge that was very convenient. This is no luxury hotel but is very conveniently located (everything on the island is in 5 minutes from the hotel). The breakfast was included in our rate. They had great cappuccino, espresso and cornetti (italian for croissants) in addition to the usual things you expect to find for breakfast (yogurt, fresh fruit, juice...). The hotel has also a diving center. I was not aware when I booked it but it was a great surprise since my wife and I are both divers. We really enjoyed the dives, the stay and the company. Overall we had a very pleasant experience.
The staff was great. Very professional and friendly. They always gave us the best tips. The first night we had a problem with the air conditioned in our room. The next morning Gaetano did everything possible to help out and sure enough the problem was later fixed. I would definitely recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FedTravel
Reviewed 3 July 2010

We arrived in San Domino without reservations and luckily arrived at Hotel Eden. We were greeted by the General Manager, Gaetano Simone, who was extremely helpful during our entire stay. We consider the three days at Hotel Eden to be one of the highlights of our trip. Having the dive center located in the basement of the hotel was very convenient. The Tremiti Islands are very pleasant, and we enjoyed exploring both by boat and on foot. Hotel food and service was excellent, and the room large, clean and comfortable. Location is tops.
Excellent value, and we would return with other family members.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple