“Fish for your supper ”

Price range: US$27 - US$44
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku / Nakano / Suginami
Description: 『 Let's enjoy fishing 』 Fished by yourself is an exceptional taste. Still eat fish fishermen landed on the ship! It is a restaurant you can experience such presence! If you catch the fish yourself, it's cheaper!? We can fish for our own fish and eat it fresh at a discount price. We hope you will use this system to enjoy fishing and eating fresh, flavorful fish!
Reviewed 14 August 2019 via mobile

What a fun idea and so great for kids. The kids fished, had fun and the adults dipped our drinks and enjoyed the meal caught fresh. It’s a bit loud, but lively, entertaining and refreshing. A great night out.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (287)

Reviewed 13 August 2019

After reading all the reviews here, me and a friend of mine decided to go to Zauo and check it out ourselfs.

We had a table booked for 17:00 right when they opened. We were greeted really friendly and got the best table on the boat (we didnt book a specific table)!
The waitress explained everything we needed to know about the fishing. Her english wasnt the best but we understood everything she tried to tell us and i appreciate that she tried really hard!

We then made our way down to where the fishing area is and started fishing.
I catched my fish really fast, in about 4 minutes or so, then a waiter came and asked me if this fish is okay and how i would like it to be cooked.
I asked him what kind of fish this is and he told me that this fish is not on the menu and is more expensive than the others.
He then asked me again if this is okay for me and i declined because i actually wanted a seabream.
He told me that its okay and put the fish back in the tank (even though it says on the menu “If you catch a fish, you have to take him”).
I then fished for another 10 minutes until i got my Seabream. I ordered it half sashimi and half grilled.
10 minutes later i got the first grilled half and 5 minutes after i got the sashimi.
The grilled one tasted really fresh (as you would expect) and had a really crunchy skin, he could have been a bit more seasoned but that was perfectly fine for me because i just seasoned it myself at the table.
The sashimi was also perfect, nothing really to complain about, as fresh as it gets and really tasty!

I read some reviews about overpricing and i dont think that it is overpriced, yes, its not the cheapest place to go but its not like you go there everyday, its a fun experience and you dont get it elsewhere!

We payed 8900Yen for
2 Strongbow Apple Cider
1 Seabream
2 Fishing Rods
1 Makrele
4 Prawns
1 Cocktail

I can definitely recommend it to anyone who’s visiting Tokyo!

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Renji23
Reviewed 6 August 2019

Gimmicky attraction mainly for kids. Fish once caught can be prepared 2 ways of your choice (grilled, butter, sashimi, breaded). We chose to order the set which comes with sushi, baked potato (plain, no toppings offered like in USA), unlimited drinks, tempura etc. The sushi was horrible after having eaten sushi at other places in Tokyo - BAD. The ahi was bright RED and tasted fishy - not good. My kids are teenagers and they enjoyed fishing for their meal. Service was non existent. Our waitress had to practically be tripped to get her attention. We got up to pay and leave, but more food was still coming out. That's how slow it was. Choice of smoking or non-smoking, private room or booth. We said any and were seated in a booth next to smokers. Must make reservations online

3  Thank Mn2468
Reviewed 28 July 2019 via mobile

Tourist trap, beware - loud, chaotic, dirty, poor customer service and mediocre food. People running around, random drums and screaming, floor is wet and dirty, and awful stench of the fish and water - all bad signs when you first walk inside. Then they forced us to pay 4000 yen to go fishing for our food even though we told them at the very beginning that the kids did not want to fish. They said ok and gave the kids English menu to order from but still billed us 4000 yen for everyone, even kids. Worst service and staff! Do not recommend. Save your money and go elsewhere!

4  Thank Parentsof2
Reviewed 20 July 2019

I visited this restaurant with 9 other family members - 3 of them kids (5, 6 and 10 years old) for dinner. It was the birthday wish of one boy to go there. We were seated by a very friendly staff who explained everything in detail to us. The 3 kids started fishing and were quite successful. The food was prepared and tasted delicious. There is a time limit (roughly 2 hours) before we had to leave.
The dinner was not exciting but ok. When we stayed there most guests were tourists (mainly from China) who also enjoyed the catch and atmosphere.

I did read some comments and cannot understand how people can have a negative opinion. It's no 4 star restaurant but a fun place. Btw, we paid roughly 40,000 JPY for 10 persons.

3  Thank 3eduarda