“No longer as before”

Price range: US$7 - US$9
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku / Nakano / Suginami
Reviewed 20 December 2018 via mobile

We will have ramen here in Shinjuku every time we are in Tokyo.The quality is no longer as before.The noodle is not springy as before and a bit thicker now.And prices have increased while more ramen shops popped up around this area.

1  Thank KHSim9
Write a reviewReviews (486)

Reviewed 18 December 2018 via mobile

I recommend the thicker and little more expensive broth. Noodles were very good and pieces of meet quite huge!

Reviewed 1 December 2018 via mobile

I tried a few of the michellin star ramens around Tokyo. And today I have to admit the star didn't matter. The flavour and that pork. The eggs even blow other people out of the water..the noodles are Al dente. Perfect consistency. The soup broth is just wow. I would have finished my gfs bowl but she dumped water into it?

1  Thank m0ng0ll
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

Me wife and I went for dinner here. It was the first ramen place we went to in Japan and we throughly enjoyed it.

We went at about 8.30pm and had to wait about 10 minutes for a seat. Upon entering we were greeted by one of the staff members who directed our attention to the machine where you order your food and drink. The machine can be changed to English and its very straightforward.

We orders 2 bowls of ramen and 2 beers for a total of 3500 yen. Once you have picked everything you want at the machine, you just insert your money, there is no 'payment' screen as such, you just insert the cash.

After payment, the order tickets print out from the machine. You hand these tickets to the very attentive staff member straight away before you're seated and you can pick medium or large portion (same price). My wife and I both got the medium (picture attached).

The food was really terrific! Rich and tasty broth, perfectly cooked egg and the pork is the best tasting pork I've ever eaten, seriously! And if course, the noodles were great. I couldn't believe how good it was.

This place was also packed with locals, always a good sign. There are 19 seats in the place but everyone just eats there food quickly and leaves so even if there is a que, it doesn't take long for seats to become available. The waiting time for us flew by because the atmosphere was so good and watching the chefs working and preparing the food was very cool.

I will be back here as often as possible!

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank davidjh1988
Reviewed 4 November 2018

It was my first time at a Ramen place in Japan, and it was great. You order via a machine (which has an English mode). Tip: you select the food you want and then pay; there's no confirmation or "pay now" button. The staff then asks you if you want small/medium/large amount of broth and you wait until there's a seat available before they serve you. The place opens at 11AM, go before 1PM, otherwise you'll be waiting 45-60 minutes for a seat.

The broth was pretty salty but flavorful and the pork was well cooked. Would definitely return again.

Date of visit: November 2018