Ways to Experience Nezu Shrine
from US$67.22
from US$208.50
from US$80.00
More Info
All reviews azalea festival cherry blossom season azaleas kyoto torii japan spring matsuri thousands trees
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2019

This beautiful shrine is a hidden gem in Tokyo. You'll find the tunnel of Torii gates which are picture perfect - especially if you arrive early in the morning. Most websites say the shrine opens at 9am, but you can walk through the torii gates even a bit earlier. This is the best time to go as there will be no one else there to block your view and photos of the torii gates. The cost to enter is FREE, making this an awesome spot for those on a budget, travelling with family, or just looking to have a peaceful, quiet morning.

Date of experience: August 2018
5  Thank nlui
Reviewed 13 June 2019

I went to visit Nezu Shrine at 9 am on Friday morning, and it was a nice, quiet spot to walk around. One of its striking features is the tunnel of torii gates that resembles another spot in Kyoto. The shrine is close to the Yanaka Ginza area, an old-fashioned shopping street, so the two spots can be combined in a trip.

Date of experience: June 2019
4  Thank ogriselda
Reviewed 12 June 2019 via mobile

Nezu Shrine: This wasn't part of our itinerary originally but because the national museum was closed on the day we planned to visit , we decided to just explore around the area and found this smaller but beautiful shrine. Not your typical crowded touristy shrine in Japan, so we were able to just enjoy the peacefulness within the well manicured Japanese garden and setting of the place.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 11 June 2019

Maybe because this was my first of many shrines in Tokyo, but it really was my favorite. I visited on a Friday afternoon the place was nearly empty. So quiet, peaceful and colorful. While it is one of the oldest shrines it is often considered one of the prettiest (which i did not realize until I got home) and I would totally agree. Certainly worth a visit!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 2 June 2019 via mobile

I love this shrine, it‘s in quiet place with trees, river and a pond. The shrine is way smaller than the famous one in Asakusa but it‘s beautiful and less crowded too. We had even small cozy lunch under the tree there.

Date of experience: May 2019