Lowest prices for your stay
US$42
US$28
Booking.comUS$69
PricelineUS$52
eDreamsUS$69
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2013

This was our first trip to Japan and we were very pleased with the Blue Wave Asakusa and the surrounding area. The temple and market area were very close by and the subway stations to other parts of Tokyo were a 5 minute walk. The room seemed a reasonable size for Tokyo and was very modern and well kept. We were happy with our stay here and would recommend it.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our first night in Japan, we spent one night in Tokyo before moving on to Kyoto. We took the Keisei Skyliner to Ueno station. The hotel is a short subway ride away, but we were tired and decided to take a short taxi ride instead. This hotel was the best priced of anywhere we stayed in Japan, so we weren't expecting too much. We were pleasantly surprised by every aspect of this hotel. It was clean, convenient to restaurants and shopping, and a very short walk to Senso-ji Temple. We had a view of part of the temple complex from our room. The bed was comfortable, the room a decent size for Japan, and the shower was good. The free Wi-Fi only worked in the lobby, but that was fine for our short stay. As far as the hotel staff, we only spoke to them while checking in and out, but everyone was pleasant and helpful with directions, etc. At the end of our trip to Japan, we stayed for a couple nights in Shinjuku, but we far preferred the Asakusa area, it had a lot more character. We plan on returning to Japan, and when we are in Tokyo, we will definitely stay in Asakusa and seek out this hotel in particular. It was a very good value for the money.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JenC-7
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

Love the hotel definitely!

Stayed at the hotel for 4d3n. Took the twin room so it had ample space for me my hubby n daughter. Located near to Asakusa Temple. . Like 5mins walk. Near to train stations and near to Tokyo Skytree.

If you wish to come to asakusa/ nippori/ ueno.. stay here. It's really convenient.

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I enjoyed my 7 nights at the Blue Wave Inn. Neigbhourhood is absolutely great and very close to the subway station. (I loved Asakusa and Ueno best of all parts of Tokyo),
Rooms are a decent size, bed was comfortable, hot water pressure great.
Internet (lan, a connector is available in the room) is included and never failed me.
The hotel has a restaurant, I never used it, but the menu looked tasty.
Not a lot of channels on tv, but you can buy a tv card if you want.
My floor had a vending machine for soft drinks as well as beer.
I would stay again on a next trip.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Meyem
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I have had more than 15- 12 day stays at Blue Wave Inn and found the staff extremly helpful and friendly..I usually arrive at about 9am book in time is 3 pm but they look after your baggage until
you return and book in..Room was always clean and comfortable..The Hotel is in an ideal location
less than 5 min. walk from Sensoji, Nakamise dori also hany to Ginza Line subway station..
Rates are very reasonable..I have never haqd any problems at all..Thank you Blue Wave Inn..

Date of stay: July 2012