“Fabulous "olde worlde" charm, great menu and great service”
Review of Hunters Inn Pub

Hunters Inn Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We ate out here on 26th August with a party of 7 and had a fabulous meal. The service was excellent and the food was freshly cooked, huge portions and well presented. There was a scaled down version of the food for children which was great. Reasonably priced too and we loved the olde world charm and character of the place.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is a pub on the main B road through Newton Tracey. The entrance is very disappointing and off putting, through the car park and up a narrow alleyway into the back of the pub which is really not particularly pleasant. Once inside the food - fish pie, salmon and prawn cocktail, pork belly and the pate - was very nice and competitively priced, just a shame that there was no particular ambience about a place where we the only customers in our part of the restaurant after 8.15pm, and there were several different rooms with varying levels of activity. Several previous reviewers comment positively on the atmosphere so I would have to presume that we were just unlucky. If we were ever in the area again we would never have any hesitation in going back as there were definitely no complaints about the food - but we would probably want to try somewhere new first.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We visit Devon at least 3-4 times a year and 'always' try to get at least one meal here. The ambience is great, the service is with a smile and the food is absolutely delicious and a lot of it!!! If you are in the area, you must stop and try it out, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We popped in on a whim as it was getting late and we had been driving for a couple of hours. By chance we happened upon this place and thought we would give it a go. Well, it was a pleasant surprise indeed! Excellent food and service, portion size was good and value for money, charming atmosphere. Highly recommend giving it a go!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I booked a table for 2 here for the Friday before fathers day to treat my dad, as he was being taken out already on the sunday. we arrived promptly and were shown to our table in the restaurant, it was very cosy and tastefully decorated. I ordered from the specials board, the salmon, new potatoes, spinach green beans and prawn and dill sauce and I have tasted nothing like it. it was absolutely gorgeous, I normally have steak meals but wanted something healthier and it was lovely, I would def have it again, my dad doesn't like sauces and fancy food and there was a lot on the menu which I think is good, so he had the plain ham egg and chips. it was massive, 2 large pieces of proper butchers ham, 2 eggs and the nicest chips ever. very crunchy on the outside and soft and tasty in the middle. he was very impressed and that coming from my dad is an honour! he couldn't eat all of it as it was so big. we then had a pudding which definitely wasn't needed, but hey ho, I had sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce, absolutely gorgeous and very tasty and filling and dad again had plain and had icecream, which he loved. all in all a very lovely meal in lovely surroundings and the woman who served us was very polite, tentative and helpful, thankyou and we will come again

2  Thank nicky w