“PONIES!”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$226.78*
and up
Horseback Riding Day Tour at Laxnes Farm from...
More attraction details
Owner description: Laxnes Horse Farm is a family run business and the oldest tour operator in Iceland. Founded in 1968, the farm offers horseback riding tours all year round for travelers interested in the gentle Icelandic horse.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

"beginners"
in 36 reviews

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The folks at Lanxes are absolutely wonderful. The Icelandic horse it the most gentle, powerful, sure footed horse I have ever been on - and we have ridden a few horses in Texas.. The farm has access to beautiful trail that take you up to the moutains, along a deep ravine and stream. They allow you to gallop the horses back based on your skill and comfort level with the horse. Went with my daughter and booked through Isango - highly recommend them for your horse excursion in Iceland.

1  Thank Paul N
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have no experience in Horse riding and they definitely have chosen the right horse for me. The horse was well trained and did everything I told him to do. The trail they chose for the ride was amazing with the small creeks, hills, Waterfall and floras. I felt much closer to the nature than doing all the rush tour to the Golden Circle (I did one full day but still was too rush for me). Highly recommended. And if you were like me trying to choose between Whale Watching or Horse Riding, the answer is "Horse Riding".

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great welltrained horses with all 5 gaits, wonderful nature. Tour was adapted so we split the group after a while and us more experienced went up the mountain to a breathtaking view and waterfall. Really skilled and nice staff and great arrangement with pickup and drop off in reykjavik. My teenage daugther said this was so much better than even the blue lagoon.