The Crown & Tuns - Puddingface, The Pie Place
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Deddington
Price range: US$12 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to PuddingFace Do you have a penchant for pies? Puddingface offers a whole host of pies including traditional meat and vegetarian, fish and game, as well as some less conventional recipes. All Homemade!Lunch times bookings are taken Monday to Saturday 12-2pm and Sunday 12 to 2.30 Please call the pub to book. No evening reservations/bookings taken, come along have a drink at the bar, let our staff know you wish to eat and we will seat you as soon as a table comes available or will endeavour to keep you informed on how long the wait is likely to be.Largest single table we are able to accommodate is for 8 people due to the size of our pub and the nature of our business baking pies to order we are not really suitable for larger groups. If you insist ...Larger groups will have to be treated as individual smaller tables and your food order taken as they come available during the evening.Due to licence restrictions young children (under 5) can not remain on the premises after 7.30PM and all children (under 14) past 9pm Telephones are manned pub opening hours (not office hours)
Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

I really don't know how to fully describe one of the most succulent steak and kidney pies I have ever eaten. In a word Fantastic. My wife had a vegetable pie, again very well received. A choice of mash or chips. A large plate full, leaving little room for pudding, again a good choice.
Wine and drinks are reasonable priced, the staff friendly and attentive.
If there is a downside, it is a very busy place come early.

Date of visit: September 2015
2  Thank Alan R

Reviewed 2 September 2015

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We arrived shortly before evening service began so had time to enjoy a beer and decide what to have from the menu. Having been impressed at the various and interesting fillings being offered I decided on steak and kidney (I knew I would). The pie was fantastic. Thin and crumbly pastry, soft beef chunks and plenty of kidney. The sauce in the pie had the kidney flavour too which I liked a lot. l also liked the hot plate being brought to the table, so often good food is spoilt by cold plates. Next time we visit I will have another pint and spend some more time deciding on which pie filling to have before getting another steak and kidney.

1  Thank Greeneryp
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Just visit this place and check out the selection of delicious pies that they make..! about 16 different mouth watering pies and a few other nice dishes. Wine was good value for money too.! Been a few times now and never disappointed. Staff are lovely too.!

1  Thank Guido62
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

I have been here a number of times and will continue to do. The menu is forever changing and you can never have the same pie once as you always want to try something else.

1  Thank Matt3947
Reviewed 28 August 2015

We eat at the 'pie pub' several times a year, and have always found the food to be exceptionally good. Our most recent visit was last Friday, my husband and I are very imminently expecting our first baby, so we're making the most of our last couple of weekends together before the baby arrives. We ate with some family and the food as always was really great. The place was very busy, but despite this the staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. Our waitress was just fab, without prompting she got me glasses of cold iced water, and just made us all feel so welcome. Couldn't recommend this place any more highly.

1  Thank Justburgs