“Pie Pub Heaven”

Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Deddington
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to PuddingFace Do you have a penchant for pies? Puddingface offers a whole host of pies including traditional meat and vegetarian, fish and game, as well as some less conventional recipes. All Homemade!Lunch times bookings are taken Monday to Saturday 12-2pm and Sunday 12 to 2.30 Please call the pub to book. No evening reservations/bookings taken, come along have a drink at the bar, let our staff know you wish to eat and we will seat you as soon as a table comes available or will endeavour to keep you informed on how long the wait is likely to be.Largest single table we are able to accommodate is for 8 people due to the size of our pub and the nature of our business baking pies to order we are not really suitable for larger groups. If you insist ...Larger groups will have to be treated as individual smaller tables and your food order taken as they come available during the evening.Due to licence restrictions young children (under 5) can not remain on the premises after 7.30PM and all children (under 14) past 9pm Telephones are manned pub opening hours (not office hours)
Reviewed 7 September 2015

I absolutely loved our experience at Puddingface Pie Pub. The food was absolutely delicious - we shared bites so we got to taste several pies and they were all wonderful in their own way. The only problem was trying to decide which delectable sounding pies from the menu to order - great selection. The pies were fresh and steaming hot, the service was good, and the setting very quaint and updated. Loved it and wish I lived closer!

Date of visit: July 2015

Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

Pies were good - beef & horseradish had plenty of pieces of tender decent quality beef & the chicken & mushroom pie was equally good. Well cooked vegetables & mashed potatoes which tasted of potato. The only let down was a sauce boat of bland packet gravy. Why spoil things with that? You clearly have a good pie maker - can't they make proper sauce?
Also - a new 'interior design' book is needed.
I will return for the pies & the fantastic greeting.

Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

I really don't know how to fully describe one of the most succulent steak and kidney pies I have ever eaten. In a word Fantastic. My wife had a vegetable pie, again very well received. A choice of mash or chips. A large plate full, leaving little room for pudding, again a good choice.
Wine and drinks are reasonable priced, the staff friendly and attentive.
If there is a downside, it is a very busy place come early.

Date of visit: September 2015
2  Thank Alan R
Reviewed 2 September 2015

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We arrived shortly before evening service began so had time to enjoy a beer and decide what to have from the menu. Having been impressed at the various and interesting fillings being offered I decided on steak and kidney (I knew I would). The pie was fantastic. Thin and crumbly pastry, soft beef chunks and plenty of kidney. The sauce in the pie had the kidney flavour too which I liked a lot. l also liked the hot plate being brought to the table, so often good food is spoilt by cold plates. Next time we visit I will have another pint and spend some more time deciding on which pie filling to have before getting another steak and kidney.

1  Thank Greeneryp
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Just visit this place and check out the selection of delicious pies that they make..! about 16 different mouth watering pies and a few other nice dishes. Wine was good value for money too.! Been a few times now and never disappointed. Staff are lovely too.!

1  Thank Guido62