“Best curry house for miles around”
Review of Bengal Spice

Bengal Spice
Ranked #8 of 9 Restaurants in Deddington
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Bengal Spice is great- tasty, fresh, good quality food bursting with flavour and colour, as well as friendly staff who always thank you, hold the door open for you as you leave and wish you a good evening. The restaurant itself is pretty busy but has a pleasant atmosphere. The only downside is that they don't offer delivery for takeaways, and their prices are slightly higher than the Banbury curry houses, but the curries here are so good, they are worth the drive to collect them! The Spice Room in Bodicote is our local but is mediocre in comparison- the Bengal Spice knocks the socks off its competition.

1  Thank lovelypotatoes

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Another great meal with my son last night 8/4/2014
Always freshly cooked and nicely flavoured food with service to match.

1  Thank Alk1968
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I have been a regular here for close to the opening of the place. I can't understand why this place gets a bad review? The staff are EXCELLENT and will help any way they can. But the food.....I have eaten in MANY curry houses and Bengal spice comes top of the list on food quality! Love this place, love the curry, love the experience. Thumbs up!

1  Thank Onnie4000
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Having avoided this restaurant for circa 2 years after terrible experiences with poor service we decided to give it another chance. We ordered a takeaway and whilst the food was good once again the service was very poor. I would say use it but do not expect them to stick to any reasonable timings. I also agree that they prioritise regulars takeaways in front of new people. Personally I will not be back.Oh by the way it's not cheap.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Having been a regular for over 10 years at this restaurant I have nothing but praise for the food and service. Having lived in India as a child I love good curry and struggle to find anywhere close by that matches the quality of this restaurant, the staff are always friendly and polite. I have only just started using trip advisor and appreciate that everyone has different tastes and ideas of what is a good meal, but this is good , authentic, quality food. Don't be put off by bad reviews. I love it.

1  Thank KatieMac888d