Majahuitas Resort
US$380
US$93
US$57
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$315
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
US$385
US$370
  • Pool
Costa Sur Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$106
US$338
US$308
Bookit.com
Hotel Playa Fiesta(Puerto Vallarta)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewspirate shipbreakfast and lunchother guestsopen airday tripperspuerto vallartazip liningfishprivate tableour honeymoonevery mealthe food is greatoctopuscan't wait to go backfew bitespaddle boardsdinner on the beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My boyfriend and I left Majahuitas yesterday, spending the boat ride back to the mainland talking about nothing other than when we might be able to come back! This, along with the fact that we extended our stay by a further two nights within twenty four hours of arrival, shows how much we loved our stay there!

From start to finish, everything was perfect: our gorgeous casita, Los Mangos; the stunning beach, with its crystal waters; the wonderful, plentiful food and the welcoming atmosphere created by warm hearted owners, Margot and Kev, their staff and of course, the playful Labs who we totally fell in love with.

While sleeping in an open-fronted bedroom in the jungle clearly isn't for everyone, for us and the other couples staying it was an unforgettable adventure. Majahuitas truly offers a unique escape from the everyday stresses and demands of 'the real world' and where else do you get to learn to paddle board with two Labradors on the board with you?!

We loved every minute! Thank you so much to everyone at the resort for taking such good care of us. We hope to come and see you again!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D P
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was the most amazing vacation I have ever had. I went with my boyfriend and we both anticipated the idea of NOT having our cell phones, computers, TV's, etc....We stayed in Casa Chula, AMAZING!! We loved our own deck and outdoor shower built into the rocks. The candles at night were so lovely. The food was delicious. The people so friendly. We are definitely going back.

Room Tip: We chose Chula based on other reviews. We saw inside several. I would also try cliff house, and Bouganvillea ..I'm going to try for Bouganvillea next time.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hlperryman
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I returned saying, "That was even greater than my expectations!" Truly an amazing jewel - where you can live in complete simplicity, yet feeling like royalty. We were entertained for hours by the wildlife - mostly watching the various breeds of diving, fishing birds. A little bread and a kayak will have beautiful, tropical fish practically jumping in the kayak with you. The day trip to Yelapa was a trip to a far away place. There are no cars - the only mechanical sound we heard for a week was the sound of the small engine on the water taxis, jumping from shore to shore. The food was unbelievably delicious - we devoured every meal as we sat in the most beautiful surroundings that I have ever eaten in - each meal, served on the beach.....We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Just got back from a four night trip to Majahuitas with my fiancee. From the minute we got off the boat we knew we were in for a special time and the trip turned out amazing through and through. Many of the other review on this site spell out a lot of the particulars but suffice it to say there are is no cell reception, no tv - and although I am generally very connected it was great to just get away from it. The food was wonderful and eating on the beach was a real pleasure. We did a number of excursions during our stay. The highlight from my was the coastal fishing trip - which at $50 an hour was a real bargain given the quality of the boat and staff. When I brought back my catch of bonito and spanish mackerel the chef quickly turned it into a delicious lunch for all of the guests. The beach was beautiful and apparently we were lucky enough to arrive the day after the pirate ship stopped coming to the cove for the season.

All in all a perfect getaway and one I hope to return to soon.

Room Tip: We loved Casa Chula. However every guest seems to think their Cabana is the best in the resort
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhilWood26
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The food is the best. The staff is amazing. The views are incredible. You can only get their by boat - fantastic trip. They light the path and your cabin by candles at night while you eat dinner - unbelievable. Snorkeling was great - you can take out a kayak and not far from shore we saw schools of clown and neon fish. The drinks are far better than any I've had in the U.S. - something about the fresh fruit down there. I was glad there was no internet or phone service - such a relief from checking my phone.

I can't say enough good things about the place. However, our Cabin (Chula) did not have a fourth wall, just a curtain. We kind of knew this, but it became very real once we were there. It's basically roughing it on a resort. Creatures come close to your bed at night. You also interact with people at dinner, which was usually good, sometimes not. Crapshoot there. For some reason they started painting our cabin on our last day which was a drag, be cause we just wanted to sleep and couldn't because of the paint smell. We did ask them to stop and they did, though.

But you fall asleep at night listening to the ocean. I had the best massage I've ever had that is outside next to a stream. They have a candlelight dinner for you on the beach on your last night. Bonfire one night on the beach. This place is not for everyone, but I'm so glad we had the experience. Never been to anywhere like this before. Really off the grid. Did I mention the food is unbelievable?

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple