“Beautiful place must visit”

Bellapais Monastery Village
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bellapais
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful place must visit”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

On the 3rd day of our holiday we wanted to go and see the Bellapais monestry and views. We went in the evening and after taking the back winding tight roads we arrived safely. It did not disappoint thee lights lit up the castle and it was amazing. We had dinner at Kybule (I think) with amazing views in front of us. The waiters were nice and the food was good. We had a wonder round but unfortunately we were too late to go inside :-(. Afterwards we went to the Bellapais Sports Bar the owner was so friendly and even had a little bang on his bongos :-) lovely evening out

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Breda, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Wonderfull people, great service, nice weather, clean rooms, cold pool!
De food was great en the employee's where wonderfull!
We want top say tanks to the garden man, bartender Methim, recepcionist Mustafa en bartender Joyce for a beautiful Cyprus experience ( and the rest of the staff!)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Judith T
Essex
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Having stayed here for just one night during Easter 2012 on my own (see my previous review), I decided to book again for a longer stay with my son this year so that I could share this beautiful setting with him. I was extremely glad I did! The hotel has a lovely 'family' atmosphere with wonderful, friendly staff. I am really surprised to see any negative comments about the receptionists as they are the friendliest and funniest bunch of people I have come across for a long while! I personally had excellent service and found that they went out of their way to help with any request. Mustafa, who does the evening shift, is a real character and both me and my son had some great chats with him. I also don't understand the comments about tea and coffee, etc. in the room because mine was replenished and when I wanted extra, I was given handfuls and a jug of milk straight away.
We stayed in one of the twin rooms, which are situated in the main block of the hotel. I loved the setting and the views and slept comfortably all week. The hotel grounds are immaculate with all staff working round the clock to ensure its upkeep. Please don't be put off at all by the odd grumpy person or you will miss out on the holiday of a lifetime. This is a great place to stay and to borrow a saying...'If you're tired of Bellapais Monastery, then you're tired of life'.
Many thanks to all at Bellapais Monastery Village for a wonderful holiday and you shall certainly be seeing us again. .

Room Tip: I prefer the twin rooms to the mini-villas
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Molkovina
wales
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Yet another visit to the hotel. Jousef and his staff in the restaurant superb as always,,Lissa and Moustapha in reception very helpful and friendly, barman very efficient and friendly as were the room cleaners and the ever friendly gardener. Rooms as usual clean and very comfortable, meals at the hotel were excellent, both breakfast and evening meals.
The hotel now needs redecorating and some new items of furniture. Very disappointed that we had to pay for the in room safe( never experienced this at hotels we have been to before ) and in this day and age WiFi is usually free in the rooms and not just free in a cramped lobby at the hotel. We did hear a number of the guests complaining about this and it could lose this lovely hotel some of their customers.
My wife and I will certainly visit this hotel again as I am sure the couple that were with us will, but just hope that The Oscar Group who own the BMV take notice of these reviews.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank glascwm
Llanrwst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We spent six nights at the hotel and this was our second visit. The hotel buildings are a little tired but the welcome was warm and friendly. Breakfast was up to its usual standard and set us up for the day and our evening meals were tasty and well presented on the two occasions that we stayed in. Swallows were nesting just outside our rooms and got very excited when humans or cats approached. On the negative side the experience of taking a shower was frustrating as was having to pay for wi fi and the use of the safe in our room. This did not affect our enjoyment and we would happily stay again in the future.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
UK tightwad
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a long weekend at the Village. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was very good and the facilities excellent. The pool and sun terrace were splendid.

The location was very tranquil, and Bellapais village was within walking distance if you fancy working up an appetite by strolling up the hill. The Village provide a shuttle in to Kyrenia, but a cab is under a fiver if the shuttle times don't suit.

We look forward to returning for another break.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Syphon
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a short Easter break which proved very enjoyable. The food and staff service was excellent. We highly recommend it! I have a gluten intolerance but had very little problem, with the aid of the head waiter, in finding great food to enjoy. The gardens were beautifully kept. This was definitely value for money and we will return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellapais
Hotel Bellapais Gardens
Hotel Pia Bella
Hotel Pia Bella
#3 of 30 in Kyrenia
Kyrenia Palace Boutique Hotel

Been to Bellapais Monastery Village? Share your experiences!