“4 days painting course in Devon”
Review of Weston House

Weston House
Ranked #5 of 8 Bampton B&B and Inns
“4 days painting course in Devon”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Painting course is suitable for a total beginner, you get enough attention from the tutor and there are a lot of lovely gardens nearby, but the important part as well is excellent hosting - home cooked meals were delicious, tea and cookies served during the day! Peter also picked me up and brought me back to the station, so you really feel taken care of :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
South Molton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I recently spent a lovely day (a birthday present from my husband) with Catherine and Peter at Weston House on a 'Gardens in water colou​r' workshop. The tuition was good humoured, individual, inspiring and sympathetic and lunch was delicious as were the cakes and biscuits that fuelled our studies!

I thoroughly recommend the courses at Weston House. Whether you are a beginner or experienced painter you will be warmly welcomed and sure to find encouragement and a fresh perspective to your painting.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I attended a one day non residential painting course. Apart from really good tuition and great studio Peter and Catherine were excellent hosts, catering for all diets. Lunch was home cooked and delicious. Tea, coffee & cakes was served throughout the day. I would recommend Weston House and hope to return for a longer stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a night as we were on a short visit as part of a rowing training weekend up at Wimbleball lake.

It also happened to be our wedding anniversary.
We found the place very clean, spacious and comfortable. Peter was very friendly, he had been so since before we arrived with a nice email giving us details of where Weston House was etc.

He gave us great advice in what food was available in town and gave us his time.
Breakfast was excellent, more life me a hotel with choice of cereals and fruits followed by a nice cooked breakfast.
He didn't bat an eyelid at our wanting breakfast at 7 and we had a very pleasant chat before we made our way to the lake.
Do note the lovely artworks on the walls in the various rooms, my favourite was the one above the fireplace in the dining area made from recycled bits found on Beaches.

Would certainly stay again and have no problems in recommending this as a nice, easy place to stay with the pleasant hosts.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Chipstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My partner booked this art course in Devon as a present and I could not have chosen better myself. The art was skillfully taught by Catherine in a delightful studio and the meals were tastily prepared by her husband Peter. My room was very comfortable with a large en suite. Tea and coffee making facilities and home made biscuits were provided as well as water and flowers for the room. everything was very clean and I noticed that all dietary requests were catered for. The whole thing was made to look effortless with tea and coffee arriving regularly to sustain us in our painting but I am sure a lot of hard work went into looking after the guests. Apart from staying here to paint, either as a complete beginner or more practiced, this is an excellent B&B to explore the beautiful local area. A real home from home with excellent hosts. A top stay and I hope to come again.

Room Tip: my room was at the rear of the property on the right but other guests who had a front facing room al...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Having booked a weekend watercolour course I didn't have to search out accommodation but couldn't have been more delighted by my stay at Weston House and would have no hesitation in recommending it to others.
I stayed for three nights in the Rose room, which was clean, comfortable and quiet with good en suite facilities, fresh flowers, tea making facilities and free wifi. The hosts were most welcoming and nothing was too much trouble.
The course with Catherine was great as were the delicious home cooked meals prepared by Peter who catered for various dietary requirements.
It was a lovely weekend which I hope to repeat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stay at Weston House, with Catherine and Peter, for two nights, we were going to a wedding. The welcome we got was warm, friendly and inviting, from the minute we got there they could do enough for us, really putting them self out. Our room was clean had an on suite, it was well furnished, and the bed was comfortable, I not just saying this either. it truly was. The personal touch as well as the tea and coffee in the room, were homemade biscuits, and a small vase of flowers, which made it feel special for us. .Breakfast was lush, everything that the menu said and more, as there were homemade yogurt, bread, cereals, and a excellent selection of cook choices, including salmon and eggs, Hubby was in his element. A big thank you to both of you for making our stay such a memorable one. If you are looking for some where to stay around Bampton, you truly wont be disappointed, at the Weston House, and the hospitality from Catherine and Peter.

Room Tip: Room was at the back of the house, so it was nice and quite, looking out over the garden and beyond...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bampton
Best Western Tiverton Hotel
#7 of 8 in Bampton
Heron House B&B
Heron House B&B
#1 of 8 in Bampton

Been to Weston House? Share your experiences!