“Recent visit 26th July 2014”
Review of Weston House

Weston House
Ranked #4 of 8 Bampton B&B and Inns
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Recent visit 26th July 2014”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I do concur with every review left to date re welcome, room, breakfast etc. But just 2 little notes from our point of view:
1) Our bathroom was the other side of the landing, which had a key. This key opened the front door, our room door, and the bathroom which just made my partner a little uneasy. 2) The owners PC n table etc was right outside our room, again, just making us feel a little uneasy. Sorry, little things but otherwise lovely as said before.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter S, Owner at Weston House, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you found so much to like about your stay. Its a shame you didn't speak to us about the things making you uneasy, as I'm sure we could have allayed your concerns. Our guest keys open the front door and their room doors only (plus the bathroom in the case of the room with the private bathroom) - they don't open other guest room doors, so the system is quite secure. And we have a PC in a public area as a number of guests find it useful to be able to check e-mails etc if they haven't brought their own device with them. Our own "office" computer is somewhere else entirely.

I hope this helps and hope we may see you again sometime.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have recently returned from a wonderful 5 days painting holiday at Weston House. The welcome from Peter and Catherine was warm and relaxed, instantly offering tea, I felt pampered throughout.
The room and beds were comfortable with extra touches in the room making it really special. The tuition from Catherine was perfect for me as a beginner, always with an injection of humour!
Peter's meals were delicious and plentiful, locally sourced or homemade where possible,
again attention to detail was lovely.
I would highly recommend Weston House, either for B&B or for a painting holiday. Absolutely lovely.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Painting course is suitable for a total beginner, you get enough attention from the tutor and there are a lot of lovely gardens nearby, but the important part as well is excellent hosting - home cooked meals were delicious, tea and cookies served during the day! Peter also picked me up and brought me back to the station, so you really feel taken care of :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
South Molton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I recently spent a lovely day (a birthday present from my husband) with Catherine and Peter at Weston House on a 'Gardens in water colou​r' workshop. The tuition was good humoured, individual, inspiring and sympathetic and lunch was delicious as were the cakes and biscuits that fuelled our studies!

I thoroughly recommend the courses at Weston House. Whether you are a beginner or experienced painter you will be warmly welcomed and sure to find encouragement and a fresh perspective to your painting.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I attended a one day non residential painting course. Apart from really good tuition and great studio Peter and Catherine were excellent hosts, catering for all diets. Lunch was home cooked and delicious. Tea, coffee & cakes was served throughout the day. I would recommend Weston House and hope to return for a longer stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a night as we were on a short visit as part of a rowing training weekend up at Wimbleball lake.

It also happened to be our wedding anniversary.
We found the place very clean, spacious and comfortable. Peter was very friendly, he had been so since before we arrived with a nice email giving us details of where Weston House was etc.

He gave us great advice in what food was available in town and gave us his time.
Breakfast was excellent, more life me a hotel with choice of cereals and fruits followed by a nice cooked breakfast.
He didn't bat an eyelid at our wanting breakfast at 7 and we had a very pleasant chat before we made our way to the lake.
Do note the lovely artworks on the walls in the various rooms, my favourite was the one above the fireplace in the dining area made from recycled bits found on Beaches.

Would certainly stay again and have no problems in recommending this as a nice, easy place to stay with the pleasant hosts.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Chipstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My partner booked this art course in Devon as a present and I could not have chosen better myself. The art was skillfully taught by Catherine in a delightful studio and the meals were tastily prepared by her husband Peter. My room was very comfortable with a large en suite. Tea and coffee making facilities and home made biscuits were provided as well as water and flowers for the room. everything was very clean and I noticed that all dietary requests were catered for. The whole thing was made to look effortless with tea and coffee arriving regularly to sustain us in our painting but I am sure a lot of hard work went into looking after the guests. Apart from staying here to paint, either as a complete beginner or more practiced, this is an excellent B&B to explore the beautiful local area. A real home from home with excellent hosts. A top stay and I hope to come again.

Room Tip: my room was at the rear of the property on the right but other guests who had a front facing room al...