“Awesome”
Review of SachsenKlemme

SachsenKlemme
Ranked #1 of 3 Fortezza B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this nice hotel for 2 nights; the room was basic but very clean. We loved the location, very close to every place we visited in the area. They gave us good suggestions and the restaurant close to the hotel had fabulous food, especially the beer. High recommended

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 October 2013

It is not easy to find if you get off at Varna but just drive parallel to the major highway going north. You will recognize it when you see the giant armored knight over the doorway. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the down pillows and comforts are to die for. Very inviting and cozy. Great breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2013

On the way from Munich to Italy we just needed a good, clean comfortable place to stay. Sachsenklemme more than exceeded our expectations! The room was fantastic. Clean, classy, spacious and a separate room for our boys. We arrived in the evening and enjoyed just sitting on the terrace quaffing a homebrewed beer and eating a very tasty pizza. We waited quite a while to be served and to receive the food (would have been a bit of a bother under other circumstances), but the kids could just play in the large garden/play area and time passed quickly for them. The lighting of the new structure mixed with the old lodge created a lovely ambience. Quality. Oh, a lovely breakfast too, with very nice bread, cheese and meats.

We were worried about the proximity of the motorway when booking. You could hear a slight hum from the cars, but it actually wasn't a bother at all. The sheer mountain cliffs on either side and the river below still dominated! If you are going on an alpine holiday, this wouldn't necessarily be the place, but as a stop along the road it was fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Sachsenklemme…

My wife and I have stayed here this year, twice.
Both on the departure and on our return journey to/from the far South. It should be said ... for us… it was a VERY GOOD experience!

For our needs, (one overnight stay) this could not be on a more perfect spot, along the highway!
Even if you can see the highway from some rooms, you do not hear a sound of it!!!! (And we slept with the windows OPEN!) Rooms are beautiful, spacious and modern. Hard floor, no carpet, so this means cleaner and more hygenique!
The high ceilings and light color choice, makes that the spacious feeling, even increase a lot.

Bathroom was also spacious and state-of-the-art.
Nice large “walk-in” shower which of course, had an immense rain shower!
Can be said, that the owner has a very good eye, for decorating the rooms and bathroom.

There is plenty of parking area, and is situated right in front of the hotel.

WiFi is free and gives a good reception in the room.

Breakfast was served on the ground floor, and it was nice to see, that on the breakfast table the staff did not @ our room number... but our name ... nice personal touch!

Owners are reserved, but super friendly.

Also for dinner, you should not go far away!
The family runs also a Pizzeria next to the hotel, ... which should be seen and tasted!
The most beautiful advertising is, that at both evenings, the Pizzeria was full of customers!
So we did try it out, and have to say, that they serve very good food and beers (own brewery too), and also with a very democratic price tag! Very important in these expensive days!

We can only say, that this place (IMHO) is well worth the money!

Will I recommend this hotel to friends? Very sure, I will!

Will we be back? ABSOLUTELY!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The Ganterer family runs this hotel, situated nor far from Brennero. Especially Mrs. Ganterer is always very present (and interested in you), and controls everything that's happening. Very clean, 22 (big) rooms, at breakfast you'll find a table, especially reserved for you, your name written on a card. Around the corner the tangenziale and the pedaggio to Brennero. Dog-friendly. Bar open until 01:00 in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here in April - on our trip out. It is a really modern hotel, with wooden floors, fantastic LARGE Bed - Fantastic Bathroom - and a great Bar and Restaurant. The Bar have their own brewery called AH - which Al loved - not me - I dont like beer, but they had a wonderful cognac - so I was happy. The waiter in the restaurant spoke perfect English and he was very friendly - the food was fantastic. Yes will definitely stay here again. Highly recommended

Room Tip: The rooms are really modern - we loved this
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JJ1875
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I picked this hotel as a last-minute place to spend the night for our trip from Italy to Germany and I'm so glad I did! It was a bargain to stay for less than €100. I traveled with my parents and we got a very spacious triple room (one twin and one double/queen bed) and it included a sofa. The entire room was spotless, but my favorite part was the shower. I was only there for less than seven hours, but showered twice—I would've bought their shower head to take home with me! The wifi worked fine for us, and I was beyond thankful for the restaurant next door.

Breakfast the next morning was a typical Italian breakfast with meats, cheese, jam, and bread. We noticed we could get (hard-boiled) eggs, but only after we finished our meal. If I ever need a place to rest again on our way to Germany I'll definitely reserve a room here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jesstagirl

Been to SachsenKlemme? Share your experiences!