“Another winner in my quest to find a great steak pie”
Review of The Crown Inn

The Crown Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Crown Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Bransgore
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Crown in Bransgore is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Redditch
“Another winner in my quest to find a great steak pie”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We had a bit of a family gathering here - age ranges 1-61 and this pub is a greatfamily choice .

The staff were very helpful and great with the youngsters in our party.

Real ale is good - i"ve just discovered Ringwood - very nice pint .

But what made the night for me was the Vintage Steak and Merlot pie .

For anyone who has read my other reviews you@ll know that I"m a bit of a pie and a pint man .

This place ticks all thr boxes for me .

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Redditchtraveller_10

Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Mostly very good”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

As we are residents of Bransgore we eat at The Crown Inn quite often. Mostly it's very good, good service, good food, nice atmosphere. However, over the Easter period 6 of us visited the restaurant, it was a very busy evening & we didn't get anything like the usual good service, & the food was below average. We were squashed onto a rather small table, & were quite uncomfortable. However, after complaining to the manager about our experience, we were offered, & accepted, a free meal for 4. This proved to be up to their previous good standard & we were impressed that management were eager to put things right. We will continue to be regular diners at The Crown.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Valerie L
Bournemouth
“Disappointing Sunday lunch visit ”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Went for a Sunday lunch and there just wasn't enough staff. The poor girl serving us was lovely and tried her best but she simply had too many tables to attend to. After ordering a roast we were told the beef would be 45 mins, we were happy to wait. The whole time waiting we got one drink, we would have had a few more rounds but there was nobody about and even when we did order it took an age an age to come. Went up to the bar but they didn't seem to like that for some reason. Food was average- 4 of us ate and some of the plates were decent and some had barely anything on them- no consistency.
Won't return. The other pub they have the curlew is just as bad, all the vintage inns seem the same. Chain pub so wasn't excepting the world but a drink with the dinner rather than after would have been nice.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely Pub with friendly staff”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great Pub, good quality food which was reasonably priced and Very friendly staff. Would recommend highly.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank lovetotravel843
New Forest, United Kingdom
“Relaxed, Friendly and good food.”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have eaten here about 10 or so times over the past 6 months after moving into the area. I find the service friendly, the choice good (although the sharing platter has recently turned from meat to mostly seafood which I can't eat and a shame as the pork, chicken and baked Camembert were to die for). I tried the Sunday roast for the first time over Easter which seemed a little overdone but on 3 or so additional visits was much better.

I particularly enjoy the Roast platter to share for 2 and without someone to share with the mixed roast (pork, turkey and beef). The Fish and Chips looked good and my friend enjoyed, The burgers nice, the sausage and mash good, sandwiches are also good if you want a quick lunch.

The deserts are lush - the Giant Eclair is that - Giant. Peanut butter cheesecake defeated me.

A place I'm happy to visit regularly. The bar area is cosy with wing-back leather chairs and outside seating is spacious and plenty if nice weather.

• Visited June 2014