“Wonderful staff”

Lulworth Cove Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lulworth Cove Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Called here with my husband, daughter and 2 dogs after a long walk on a very busy Saturday last week. The staff were fantastic even though they were hectic. They took time to chat, give the dogs water and a biscuit and served the Best Fish and Chips ever!

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stated I have a nut allergy and I found 2 pieces of pinenuts in my salmon salad.

Without meaning to sound too dramatic, think its pretty appalling since I could have died, and also, alot of people have nut allergies so its quite disconcerting...

Complained to manager who was helpful and kindly deducted the meal off the bill and said he'd have a word with the chef.

Meal otherwise was good, good food.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

To be fair, the local competition for a cheaper meal is not that great either.

My wife and I stayed in the village for a few nights in July during the hottest week of the year.

We enjoyed the cold Peroni's and the refreshing cider, but, when it came to eating here expectation fell dramatically.

One night we just had a sharing platter which consisted of supermarket humous, flatbreads and 3 falafel. (3 into 2 just doesn't go!) What makes it even more surprising, we'd were told upon ordering there was a 40 minute wait for food. The Pub was not full.

The next night we gave it another go and decided to sit inside after we had been attacked by insects the previous night due to the hot weather. I guess my order must have been burnt lasagne for the Mrs and for myself, my order was fish and chips to be served on paper to resemble a newspaper which then disintegrated into my dinner.

The sad thing is Lulworth Cove does not have a competitively priced cafe/bistro or Pub that could offer an alternative. This is a shame as we then had to drive to other places such as Burton Bradstock for a great meal.

This is a Pub and for that reason it serves a nice, cold pint in a beautiful location.

1  Thank johndawnharlow
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is a nice pub / restaurant with inside and outside dining. Reasonably priced. Typical children's menu available. Food was fine.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Went on a Sat night in July - god weather so didn't mind sitting outside. Struck immediately by how friendly the barman was - extremely at ease with customers and made you feel the same. Good selection of Badger ales on tap, and all well kept. Food arrived very quickly (fish and chips - 2 kids sized, and one regular and one large size for the adults). Well cooked and tasty, however my only criticism is that for the money I would have liked to have had a larger portion, there didn't appear to be that much between the regular and large sized meals. All in all, nice place to eat. They appear to do a heck of a lot for charity, and one table is labelled to that effect- all moneys taken on that table are donated to charity. Strangely, there was no one sat on it, hopefully it was reserved for a large party late on in the evening.