We stayed in this hotel just a week after it opened and are delighted to say the new young owners have decorated it beautifully and are already offering excellent service. There is a choice of very comfortable, clean and relaxing rooms, a nice cosy bar with a real coal fire and excellent quality food. It sounds too good to be true but the chef actually walks down to all Lulworth Cove each morning to buy the fresh fish for his 'catch of the day' dish. They even served huge fresh oysters and scallops while we were there. So, if you are just planning a short break or a romantic weekend and want a good quality hotel in a lovely setting then give this a try. And, on the last morning we woke up to see the village blanketed in snow - perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Dorset hills, this stylish country house is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the Jurassic coastline.Limestone at Lulworth is a uniquely designed, characteristic hotel. The combination of traditional furnishings tastefully enhanced with a modern influence, creates an authentic English, country house feel with a touch of luxury. Combined with the relaxed, homely atmosphere makes this the perfect place for a well-deserved break.Just a short walk away from Lulworth cove and a brisk hike over the hill to Durdle door, listed by “Visit Britain” as one of the top 10 natural wonders of the UK, Limestone hotel is a perfect base to explore this quintessential part of England. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Limestone Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatton House Hotel West Lulworth
- Limestone Hotel West Lulworth, Dorset