My partner and I made use of a special offer for a 4 day stay at the limestone hotel in west lulworth.
The entrance does rather sneak up on you so keep your eyes peeled. Parking is the best use of a small space and it was very nice to have a space dedicated by your room name. If your not too steady keep in mind there are steps and two slopes to conquer before you may enter the hotel.
Upon entry we were greeted by a very nice member of staff who offered us help with out bags and showed us to and around our room. A nice personal touch (something you will find in every part of this hotel)
We stayed in the stable room which is one of their standard doubles. The room on first impression is on the small side but this wasn't a problem for us at all. The bed I believe is not a double but perhaps a king. There is also a small shower in the clean modern looking bathroom (electric and a little jittery and I knocked my elbows a few times washing my hair)
The stable room has two sky lights which if left with blinds open all day will make the room rather warm. We simply closed the blinds to keep the sun out during the day. I would recommend bringing a small fan. We did and it really made all the difference. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding of a good quality. the room was cleaned everyday. The room for the majority of the time is nice and quiet. It is a little noisy when next door use their key but that really didn't bother us.
On the last day/night of our stay there was the addition of a banging door from somewhere downstairs. It was strange that it hadn't been noticed up until then.
The wonderful thing about the sky lights was that on a clear night we were able to lay and look at the stars, very romantic!
Breakfast was on every occasion extremely good. The quality and carful presentation really made the experience of a high quality. The menu is not vast but absolutely open to requests which we appreciated a lot.
This hotel is in a beautiful location! But this is so clearly not relied on as the only winning feature. The dedicated and friendly staff (every single person we dealt with was lovely!) make for a great experience all round. Throughout the hotel there are so many little quirks which make it just so much more and certainly enhanced our experience. We loved the honesty bar, the use of room themes (tastefully achieved) the touches to the service such as being seen into the dining room for dinner and shown the specials board before hand (even though this often meant someone having to lug the big old thing into the garden for you!)
The breakfast menus and glug glug jugs all made for wonderful little memories which will, I'm sure make us smile when we look back.
The food in at the Limestone is super and the reviews for the restaurant well worth reading. It's number one in Lulworth for a very good reason!
We had a truly wonderful time and are so sad to have come home. Thank you for a great new memories!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Dorset hills, this stylish country house is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the Jurassic coastline.Limestone at Lulworth is a uniquely designed, characteristic hotel. The combination of traditional furnishings tastefully enhanced with a modern influence, creates an authentic English, country house feel with a touch of luxury. Combined with the relaxed, homely atmosphere makes this the perfect place for a well-deserved break.Just a short walk away from Lulworth cove and a brisk hike over the hill to Durdle door, listed by “Visit Britain” as one of the top 10 natural wonders of the UK, Limestone hotel is a perfect base to explore this quintessential part of England. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Limestone Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatton House Hotel West Lulworth
- Limestone Hotel West Lulworth, Dorset