“Very special”
Review of Limestone Hotel

Limestone Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Lulworth
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Our first visit but really hope it won't be our last. We stayed for 2 nights and the only fault I could find was the bed was too hard for my preference. Everything else from the warm welcome to the cleanliness was excellent. Breakfast was freshly cooked to order and there was plenty of choice. Our meal in the restaurant on our first night was first class and the service was equally good. The honesty bar was well stocked and there were interesting nibbles available there in the evenings. The gardens are a lovely place to sit and take in the gorgeous views with a piece of Dorset apple cake and a small beer! The setting is wonderful with Lulworth Cove just a gentle stroll down the hill. Overall we really enjoyed our break and sincerely hope we will be able to return one day soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
EJW2901, Owner at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review!!!

I am so pleased to read you had such an enjoyable stay at Limestone. We really strive for comments like this and work very hard so all of our guests have a special and memorable stay.

I will pass your comments regarding the food onto Chris & Alain, who I know will also be very pleased to read your review.

I am so sorry to hear you felt the mattress was too hard. All of our mattresses are of high quality but I am not sure which room you stayed in. However, I do hope you mentioned this after your first night as we would of willingly changed it to something more suitable.

Once again, thank you so much for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back to Limestone in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was our second visit to Limestone having first stayed there shortly after it opened in spring last year. Ed, Dasha and the Limestone team have created a wonderful oasis of calm with fine dining, a genuinely warm welcome where nothing is too much trouble, spotlessly clean, chic and comfortable accommodation and stunning views across the village to the hills above.

For those of you with pets, they also welcome well behaved dogs which was a boon for us. We have booked to return in a few months' time and plan to try out their picnics and afternoon tea while still allowing room for the excellent dinner menu - can't wait!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear reviewer (apologies trip advisor does not allow me to address you by name),

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review.

It was lovely having you both back at Limestone and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Your kind words serve as motivation for myself and all the team here at Limestone as we continually strive to improve our customers experience.

Have a fantastic summer and we look forward to welcoming you back in the Autumn.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

A belated review but have only just joined Tripadvisor. We stayed at the Limestone Hotel not long after they had opened - March 2013 (Tripadvisor does not go back this far so have entered May being their earliest date they accept). We were made so welcome by Dasha & Ed we decided to stay another night! They provide the most excellent service & always open to new ideas to make your stay even more enjoyable ... if that's possible. The restaurant food is excellent with fresh local fish on the menu every day. We highly recommend this restaurant & hotel or both! We were also allowed to take our dog which was an added bonus - an absolute fab find.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for your belated but excellent review of Limestone Hotel & Restaurant!

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us last year. Since we opened we have made a huge number of changes to the hotel, restaurant and operations - mainly based on constructive customer feedback. We take on board all opinions and work extremely hard to meet our customers expectations (which can be difficult - as no two people have the same view).

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and for you to witness all the improvements we have made and will continue to make.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed at Limestone hotel weekend of 30 March 2014. It was impressive on all levels, the rooms were individually decorated ( I sneaked a look at a couple of other rooms!) the furniture, fittings, bed linen were good quality,in good condition, spotlessly clean and well presented. Beautiful cotton fresh, crisp sheets and fat, fluffy, white bathroom towels. We also ate there both nights, the food was excellent, fresh local fish, beautifully cooked and presented.
Daria and Edward, proprietors(so young!! in their 20's I guess) , clearly know their stuff and I am sure they will have a very succesful business on their hands for as long as they can stand it! They are going to be VERY busy with repeat business I am certain. Book early..... eat at Limestone and walk over to Durdle Door if you have the energy!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room at Limestone. We had the Boathouse which looked out over the garden, it was...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gina T
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful review and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at Limestone Hotel & Restaurant.

When comparing all the bed linen and towels, after much consideration we decided to go for a very high range. I am extremely pleased to read that you have noticed and really appreciated the quality.

It is always very rewarding to read positive comments regarding the food at Limestone. Our chefs work extremely hard to ensure every item is cooked and presented as carefully as possible. It is a very difficult challenge for them as each person has different expectations and different taste.

Once again, I am so pleased to read your feedback and it was a pleasure having you to stay at Limestone.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed at the Limestone Hotel for one night in March with my boyfriend and it was a fabulous experience - the staff are lovely and welcoming, the bar area is cosy, the food is absolutely delicious. The whole place is decorated to such a high level with some real personal touches. We stayed in the Stable as it was the only room left - at first we were dubious as it was described as a smaller room with a sloped roof, but it was delightful! My 6ft boyfriend was still able to pretty much stand up under the sloped roof, so it's not really that low. The skylights we had no problems with and it was lovely to be able to look out at the stars. Very clean, very comfy beds. The shower was a bit hot & cold, but nothing unbearable. Overall it was the best b&b we've ever been to!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
EJW2901, Owner at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review and kind comments about Limestone Hotel.

I am so pleased to read your comments and it is wonderful to hear you enjoyed the stable room. It is a small room with sloping ceiling's but I am pleased you are able to appreciate we have done our best with the limited space.

It is also always rewarding to hear such comments regarding the our team here at Limestone. Please rest assured I will share your review at our next in-house meeting.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Limestone Hotel & Restaurant in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We came for a long weekend and was not disappointed, friendly staff, lovely accommodation and excellent food too. The steep path maybe difficult for some people, but the views well make up for that. Very peaceful too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear reviewer, (apologies trip advisor does not allow me to address you by name).

Firstly, it was a real pleasure accommodating you and your friends for a long weekend.

I am very pleased you all enjoyed your well deserved break and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Thank you for your kind comments about our little hotel and glowing recommendation.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Comfortable and clean room and the hotel is easy walking distance of the cove and other footpaths to Durdle door, but the highlight is the restuarant, wonderful local scallops and fish beautifully cooked. We only stayed one night but will definitely return.

Room Tip: We were in Lookout, which is not large, but does have a beautiful view from the front of the hotel...
Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Limestone. I have passed your comments onto our chefs Chris & Alain who were both very happy to hear your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Limestone in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Lulworth
Springfield Country Hotel
Dorchester Premier Inn
Dorchester Premier Inn
#1 of 6 in Dorchester

Been to Limestone Hotel? Share your experiences!