Our first visit but really hope it won't be our last. We stayed for 2 nights and the only fault I could find was the bed was too hard for my preference. Everything else from the warm welcome to the cleanliness was excellent. Breakfast was freshly cooked to order and there was plenty of choice. Our meal in the restaurant on our first night was first class and the service was equally good. The honesty bar was well stocked and there were interesting nibbles available there in the evenings. The gardens are a lovely place to sit and take in the gorgeous views with a piece of Dorset apple cake and a small beer! The setting is wonderful with Lulworth Cove just a gentle stroll down the hill. Overall we really enjoyed our break and sincerely hope we will be able to return one day soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Dorset hills, this stylish country house is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the Jurassic coastline.Limestone at Lulworth is a uniquely designed, characteristic hotel. The combination of traditional furnishings tastefully enhanced with a modern influence, creates an authentic English, country house feel with a touch of luxury. Combined with the relaxed, homely atmosphere makes this the perfect place for a well-deserved break.Just a short walk away from Lulworth cove and a brisk hike over the hill to Durdle door, listed by “Visit Britain” as one of the top 10 natural wonders of the UK, Limestone hotel is a perfect base to explore this quintessential part of England. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Limestone Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatton House Hotel West Lulworth
- Limestone Hotel West Lulworth, Dorset