“Love Actually”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Lulworth
Houston, Texas
“Love Actually”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It was my first time to visit the English countryside. My boyfriend surprised me with a romantic getaway from our chaotic London vacation. I never expected to be so amazed with the authentic English traditions and spectacular views. The rooms are all unique and have such great character. I highly recommend this hotel for any occasion.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Amb8288
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your 5 star review.

We really appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience.

I hope we are able to welcome you back for another well deserved break out of the chaotic city.

Edward J Wilkes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This was actually my second time staying at Limestone Hotel. My husband and I love Lulworth cove and we are ao happy that we got the pleasure the stay at such a pleasebt, quirky, happy little place. My review is Long overdue. Both experiences were top notch. The vibe is casual posh, everything is tidy and well kept. Yet it has such a home-y feel. The staff are attentive when you need and Dasha & Ed are just perfect hosts. The restaurant deserves a review for itself! Their chef really knows his stuff and you get fine dining at a reasonable price. We just simply love Limestone.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank StephanieViney
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review.

We really appreciate your feedback and kind words. I am so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your second stay with us. Your brief description sums up Limestone very well and hopefully will enable future travelers to make an informed decision when looking for a hotel in Dorset.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your 3rd visit soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We absolutely loved our stay in Limestone! The hotel is very thought-through with a lot of attention to detail – all small decorations go hand in hand together, creating an astonishing atmosphere and a wonderful experience. It’s the second time we’ve stayed in the hotel and we have seen many of the rooms, all of which are to the highest standard and with their individual touch. We absolutely love the Seaside Suite and recommend staying there.
The restaurant is worth a visit on its own and deserves one if not too Michelin stars! The food is fantastic and Alan’s creative cooking perfectly complemented the freshly sourced ingredients. We’ve tried almost all of the items of the menu and none of them disappointed! The breakfast was fantastic too, with lots of choice. We also took advantage of the afternoon tea and really enjoyed the (warm!) homemade scones with Dorset cream and fresh strawberries – delicious!
The staff is very hospitable and attentive without being too intrusive. A special thank you to Dasha and Ed who have made this a wonderful experience for both us and the parents.
This makes it the perfect getaway from busy London and worth visiting at any time of the year. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The Garden Suite has a comfortable bath, so great for colder months. The Seaside Suite is spacious a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and kind words.

We were delighted to see you back at Limestone and so pleased you had a nice stay. We are proud to provide a comfortable hotel and enjoyable experience in this unique part of the world.

It is always wonderful receiving such fantastic comments regarding our restaurant. Head Chef Chris & his 2nd in command Alain work extremely hard to create a menu which focuses on local produce and creating simple dishes that appeal to a wide variety of people.

Thank you once again for your 5 star review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Limestone for another well deserved break away from London.

Scunthorpe
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I recently booked a 3-day break in Dorset, staying at Cheriton House in Winfred Newburgh.Because it was my wife's birthday on the day of travelling, I had asked the proprietor of the guest house,Mr Andrew Bailley,to book a table at a restaurant nearby. He chose the Limestone Hotel for us and what a choice it turned out to be! We have never had such a delicious meal in such a superb setting for a long time. Full marks to the chef and to the hotel/restaurant manager for making our visit as memorable as it turned out to be. I am sure we will be visiting again.Many thanks again to Mr. Bailley whose guest house also deserves a recommendation for the personal touches in the room, I'm sure we will be back there also!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve S
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your fantastic, 5 star review!

I am so pleased to read that you had such a wonderful evening in our restaurant. It is very rewarding to receive such positive comments.

I will pass your feedback onto the chefs and the rest of the team at Limestone Hotel.

Once again, thank you for such a wonderful review and I hope to welcome you back to Limestone in the future.

Eye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We booked our room based on trip advisor reviews for a three night getaway. Nothing disappointed us about Limestone Hotel. The staff, without exception were friendly and helpful and seemed genuinely interested in ensuring we enjoyed our stay. The food was delicious with a varied menu. The little touches of style made the place a real pleasure to be in. We loved the Seaside Suite.
Staying at Limestone was like staying with friends and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Now looking forward to next time!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Limestone Hotel.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay here - and particularly pleased to read your comments regarding the team here at Limestone. We work very hard to ensure professional but friendly customer service, so I am extremely pleased to read such positive comments.

Please rest assured I have shared your kind review at our weekly meeting with the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Limestone Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Wow!!! What a wonderful hotel!!! Beautiful light and airy rooms; we were given a choice on arrival and picked the seaside suite which was just divine, wonderful warm service, delicious food (both dinner and breakfast) - everything was just perfect!!! Lovely location, easy walk to the cove and durdle door, and yet out of the tourist hustle and bustle, we sat out in the garden in the evening enjoying a bottle of prosecco, the peace and quiet and the gorgeous view!! We only stayed one night but would happily have done more, and have come back and instantly recommended it to friends and family. Thank you so much for a magical stay :)

• Stayed May 2014
Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for your kind words and 5 star review!

I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at Limestone Hotel & Restaurant.

Your review portrays a very accurate description of what we are trying to achieve at Limestone - comfortable rooms, warm service and good food!

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and hopefully for a few more well deserved nights!

Wroughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Thank you for your warm welcome Ed and for the hotels great hospitality. We really enjoyed the stay and would like to say a big thank you to Martin for looking after us both so well! Emma loved her early morning surprise cup of tea! Great choice of fresh breakfast and very high standard of food in the restaurant ( Main course Gurnard was fantastic ). Much needed peaceful break now over, we will see you again. :-)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
EJW2901, Owner at Limestone Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear reviewer, (apologies trip advisor does not allow me to address you by name)

Thank you for your wonderful review!

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you were well looked after.

I have shared your kind comments with the rest of the team who were equally delighted by your review.

I hope to welcome you back to Limestone Hotel & Restaurant for another well deserved break.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Lulworth
#1 of 66 in Bournemouth
Riviera Hotel
Riviera Hotel
#19 of 22 in Weymouth

Been to Limestone Hotel? Share your experiences!