Limestone Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
West Lulworth House(West Lulworth)
  • Pool
The Smuggler's Inn(Osmington Mills)
Riviera Hotel(Weymouth)
  • Restaurant
The Bankes Arms Hotel(Corfe Castle)
View Hotel
Mortons House Hotel(Corfe Castle)
  • Restaurant
Windsor Hotel(Weymouth)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewschocolate roomwriters roomsmall hotellovely hoteldurdle doorwine cellarlulworth covelookout roomsuperior roomdaily specialsstable roomscallopscar parksteep climbdorset apple cakecream teafish dishes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My partner surprised me with a visit to the Limestone Hotel, what a lovely place. From the moment we arrived the Customer Service was exceptional, we had a warm welcome from Mike and throughout our stay his helpful and pleasant hospitality was exceptional, well done, 1st class service. Our room was spacious and light and what a fantastic view.....
We had a meal that night at the Restaurant and the food was exceptional, also the breakfast the next morning was outstanding, we will definitely be booking again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mark H
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review!

I am so pleased to read your lovely comments regarding our hotel. It is always especially nice to hear comments regarding our team - who have all read your review.

I am also very pleased to see you have mentioned the three points we strive to deliver, excellent food, comfortable rooms and professional but friendly service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Limestone Hotel for what will hopefully be another enjoyable stay.

Edward Wilkes

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Can't recommend the Limestone Hotel in West Lulworth highly enough! Arrived home tonight from 3 heavenly days, and can't wait to re-book. Everything about this hotel is exceptional. The setting - West Lulworth is so beautiful, the view from the garden breathtaking. The decor - the owners have fantastic taste, our room was spacious, light and beautifully decorated. The food - exceptional, Chef Alain's scallops were the best we've had, don't miss the Raspberry Creme Brûlée either! The staff and service were superb, they really couldn't have been more hospitable or helpful. Special mention to Mike, thank you for making our stay so special, our tea in the garden this afternoon when we came to collect the car was such a lovely touch. Will definitely be returning soon.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have exceptional views, Seaside Suite is gorgeous.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Leigh L
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear reviewer (apologies trip advisor does not allow me to address you be name)

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

I am so pleased to read your review of Limestone hotel & restaurant. Unfortunately, we cannot take credit for the beautiful views but I am delighted you enjoyed our hotel and will be returning soon.

Please rest assured I have shared your review with the rest of the team at our weekly meeting.

We strive to deliver professional but friendly service here at Limestone and I am very happy to hear we delivered on this occasion.

Thank you once again for your fantastic review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Limestone in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I read a number of reviews about the Limestone Hotel before booking it and the reviews were not wrong. This hotel is absolutely beautiful, clean, romantic, has lots of personality and in the UK.

My partner and I booked a weekend trip in April 2014 and were blessed with some amazing weather. The drive to Lulworth was worth it. At midday when we both arrived in Lulworth, we were greeted with the most beautiful hotel. The first signs were the hand made car parking signs (loved it!!). We walked up to the hotel, and the views were just mesmerizing.

We were greeted by Dasha and Ed (they own the hotel) and it was so nice that they took so much interest in us as a couple.

We were shown to our room, Weiters room, a superior room with a view, big bath and a 5ft bed!!! Wow!! This room beat any room my partner had stayed in London (including the Ritz, Langham). When we looked out of the window, the views were breathtaking.

The room was airy, personal, clean and created the best place for a romantic getaway.

After a seamless checking in process, my partner and I went to the "Honesty bar". What a great concept. You wrote what you had to drink and your room number..LOVE!!!

Breakfast was yummy!! As a vegetarian, the hotel made such an effort to make me a vegetarian breakfast. They did the same for dinner.

I have to give this hotel 5 plus stars. Service, Ambience, Location and value for money.

Thank you Ed and Dasha, we will see you soon.

Room Tip: Weiters room is lovely so is the Seaside room (actually they are all lovely)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ash B
EJW2901, Owner at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for posting such an informative and excellent review of Limestone Hotel.

Firstly, I am so glad to hear you had good weather for your stay in Lulworth. The beaches and coastal walks are so much more enjoyable when the sun is shinning.

I am also so pleased you enjoyed the quirky character and relaxed, friendly ambiance Limestone tries so hard to portray.

Its wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your room. Limestone is a very old building and therefore all the rooms come in different shapes and sizes. We have done our very best to make each one unique and as comfortable as possible for our guests (however, it seems like you were lucky to have experienced our two larger bedrooms).

Once again, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and were made to feel welcome.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed 29 May 2014

It was my first time to visit the English countryside. My boyfriend surprised me with a romantic getaway from our chaotic London vacation. I never expected to be so amazed with the authentic English traditions and spectacular views. The rooms are all unique and have such great character. I highly recommend this hotel for any occasion.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Amb8288
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your 5 star review.

We really appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience.

I hope we are able to welcome you back for another well deserved break out of the chaotic city.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This was actually my second time staying at Limestone Hotel. My husband and I love Lulworth cove and we are ao happy that we got the pleasure the stay at such a pleasebt, quirky, happy little place. My review is Long overdue. Both experiences were top notch. The vibe is casual posh, everything is tidy and well kept. Yet it has such a home-y feel. The staff are attentive when you need and Dasha & Ed are just perfect hosts. The restaurant deserves a review for itself! Their chef really knows his stuff and you get fine dining at a reasonable price. We just simply love Limestone.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank StephanieViney

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review.

We really appreciate your feedback and kind words. I am so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your second stay with us. Your brief description sums up Limestone very well and hopefully will enable future travelers to make an informed decision when looking for a hotel in Dorset.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your 3rd visit soon!