Limestone Hotel
US$112
Priceline
Average 3/5
  • Restaurant
The Bankes Arms Hotel(Corfe Castle)(Great Value!)
US$177
Hotels.com
US$157
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
West Lulworth House(West Lulworth)
The Smuggler's Inn(Osmington Mills)
Very Good 4/5
Mortons House Hotel(Corfe Castle)
Windsor Hotel(Weymouth)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewschocolate roomwriters roomsmall hotellovely hoteldurdle doorwine cellarlulworth covelookout roomsuperior roomdaily specialsstable roomscallopscar parksteep climbdorset apple cakecream teafish dishes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Following a most dreadful and humiliating experience we encountered at The Priory in Wareham my business partners and I now book rooms at The Limestone whenever we are due to conduct business in the region. The Limestone proprietors offer not only a warm and friendly welcome, they also provide an exceptionally nice place to unwind and to lay our heads after a busy day.

Although we use The Limestone for business purposes we actually feel as if we are on holiday, a paid one at that. Aside from its stunning location it’s chef de cuisine cooks up meals which would grace the dining tables of even the finest London and Parisian restaurants.

Professionally run with no fear of reprisal for sipping wine purchased elsewhere The Limestone has become a firm favourite not only for us but also for our friends and families.

Room Tip: The helpful reception staff willingly offer advice to help you choose.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank UndercoverResearcher
Reviewed 19 June 2014

On a hillside in the coastal community of Lulworth is one of the nicest small hotels we've ever visited. The owners are caring professionals who make sure that guests are pampered. Staff is seasoned, extremely courteous and just plain fun. The small restaurant is superb offering a variety of delicious dishes and fresh seafood. We felt at home from the moment we arrived.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Garden Room which is on the first floor and opens to the beautiful gardens with comfortable seating on the lawn with a breathtaking views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear reviewer (apologies trip advisor does not allow me to address you by name)

Thank you so much for your lovely descriptive review.

I am so pleased to read your review, it is comments like this that truly make all the hard work the team puts in worth while.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Limestone in the future.

Edward Wilkes

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My partner surprised me with a visit to the Limestone Hotel, what a lovely place. From the moment we arrived the Customer Service was exceptional, we had a warm welcome from Mike and throughout our stay his helpful and pleasant hospitality was exceptional, well done, 1st class service. Our room was spacious and light and what a fantastic view.....
We had a meal that night at the Restaurant and the food was exceptional, also the breakfast the next morning was outstanding, we will definitely be booking again.

3  Thank Mark H
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review!

I am so pleased to read your lovely comments regarding our hotel. It is always especially nice to hear comments regarding our team - who have all read your review.

I am also very pleased to see you have mentioned the three points we strive to deliver, excellent food, comfortable rooms and professional but friendly service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Limestone Hotel for what will hopefully be another enjoyable stay.

Edward Wilkes

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Can't recommend the Limestone Hotel in West Lulworth highly enough! Arrived home tonight from 3 heavenly days, and can't wait to re-book. Everything about this hotel is exceptional. The setting - West Lulworth is so beautiful, the view from the garden breathtaking. The decor - the owners have fantastic taste, our room was spacious, light and beautifully decorated. The food - exceptional, Chef Alain's scallops were the best we've had, don't miss the Raspberry Creme Brûlée either! The staff and service were superb, they really couldn't have been more hospitable or helpful. Special mention to Mike, thank you for making our stay so special, our tea in the garden this afternoon when we came to collect the car was such a lovely touch. Will definitely be returning soon.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have exceptional views, Seaside Suite is gorgeous.
4  Thank Leigh L
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear reviewer (apologies trip advisor does not allow me to address you be name)

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

I am so pleased to read your review of Limestone hotel & restaurant. Unfortunately, we cannot take credit for the beautiful views but I am delighted you enjoyed our hotel and will be returning soon.

Please rest assured I have shared your review with the rest of the team at our weekly meeting.

We strive to deliver professional but friendly service here at Limestone and I am very happy to hear we delivered on this occasion.

Thank you once again for your fantastic review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Limestone in the near future.

Edward J Wilkes

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I read a number of reviews about the Limestone Hotel before booking it and the reviews were not wrong. This hotel is absolutely beautiful, clean, romantic, has lots of personality and in the UK.

My partner and I booked a weekend trip in April 2014 and were blessed with some amazing weather. The drive to Lulworth was worth it. At midday when we both arrived in Lulworth, we were greeted with the most beautiful hotel. The first signs were the hand made car parking signs (loved it!!). We walked up to the hotel, and the views were just mesmerizing.

We were greeted by Dasha and Ed (they own the hotel) and it was so nice that they took so much interest in us as a couple.

We were shown to our room, Weiters room, a superior room with a view, big bath and a 5ft bed!!! Wow!! This room beat any room my partner had stayed in London (including the Ritz, Langham). When we looked out of the window, the views were breathtaking.

The room was airy, personal, clean and created the best place for a romantic getaway.

After a seamless checking in process, my partner and I went to the "Honesty bar". What a great concept. You wrote what you had to drink and your room number..LOVE!!!

Breakfast was yummy!! As a vegetarian, the hotel made such an effort to make me a vegetarian breakfast. They did the same for dinner.

I have to give this hotel 5 plus stars. Service, Ambience, Location and value for money.

Thank you Ed and Dasha, we will see you soon.

Room Tip: Weiters room is lovely so is the Seaside room (actually they are all lovely)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ash B
EJW2901, Owner at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for posting such an informative and excellent review of Limestone Hotel.

Firstly, I am so glad to hear you had good weather for your stay in Lulworth. The beaches and coastal walks are so much more enjoyable when the sun is shinning.

I am also so pleased you enjoyed the quirky character and relaxed, friendly ambiance Limestone tries so hard to portray.

Its wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your room. Limestone is a very old building and therefore all the rooms come in different shapes and sizes. We have done our very best to make each one unique and as comfortable as possible for our guests (however, it seems like you were lucky to have experienced our two larger bedrooms).

Once again, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and were made to feel welcome.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best wishes