Stayed here last week-the staff were incredibly friendly. Each bedroom has it's own personality (boathouse, stable, chocolate room etc) with everything you could need provided. Thank you to Melanie for showing us around.
The afternoon tea is a must to try. The hotel is approximately 5-10 minutes from the cove which is perfect for walking but far away enough from all the other tourists staying right next to the cove as it does get extremely busy.
The food was very nice with the French chef saying hello at the end of the evening. In my opinion there is some charm to it!
Breakfast is cooked to order unlike most hotels- I recommend the smoked salmon and scrambled egg. It was the best.
I could write for ever. If you want a laid back friendly mouth watering trip then this is your place. Nothing is too much for this team and surely we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Dorset hills, this stylish country house is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the Jurassic coastline.Limestone at Lulworth is a uniquely designed, characteristic hotel. The combination of traditional furnishings tastefully enhanced with a modern influence, creates an authentic English, country house feel with a touch of luxury. Combined with the relaxed, homely atmosphere makes this the perfect place for a well-deserved break.Just a short walk away from Lulworth cove and a brisk hike over the hill to Durdle door, listed by “Visit Britain” as one of the top 10 natural wonders of the UK, Limestone hotel is a perfect base to explore this quintessential part of England. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Limestone Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatton House Hotel West Lulworth
- Limestone Hotel West Lulworth, Dorset