“A great hotel in a lovely location”
Review of Limestone Hotel

Limestone Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Lulworth
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This excellent small hotel is enhanced by really attentive and enthusiastic staff. We were made to feel really welcome and special. The dinner and breakfasts were delicious. Location is a short walk from the stunning Lulworth Cove Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter G
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your 5 star trip advisor review!!!

I really appreciate your kind comments and have passed them onto the rest of the team here at Limestone.

Very best wishes,

Edward

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We paid extra for a Superior room. It had an amazing view although was a little smaller than I expected from a superior room. However it was nicely decorated and comfortable with a lovely calm atmosphere. Wifi was a bit dodgy and kept disconnecting although usable most of the time.
All the staff were friendly and helpful.
We really enjoyed the breakfast- was nice to be given a few different choices such as omelettes or smoked salmon.
We also ordered a picnic bag which was really substantial and all fresh and tasty.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DomAndCharlotte5

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for lovely review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Limestone.

All of our rooms are different shapes and sizes, some of our superior rooms are very spacious but others are quite compact.

You will be pleased to hear that we have now had a completely new WIFI system installed that works perfectly throughout the hotel. However, Limestone is a very old building with thick walls and in the small village of Lulworth, signal and strength can vary day to day. We have done our very best to ensure everyone can be connected throughout the hotel and grounds.

I am very pleased you enjoyed the breakfast's, picnics and calm ambiance throughout the hotel. We have worked hard to create a hotel which combines good service with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, so it is very rewarding for you to mention this point.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Limestone Hotel & Restaurant in the near future.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel was ok but found our room was small and had quite a bit of dust. Even worse there was a cob web by the window. Although this did not ruin our holiday it just made us think we wouldn't expect that from a cheap B&B let alone the price of yours. Sorry but it's just an honest review

Room Tip: Check to make sure it's clean
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jakkey
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on trip advisor.

Unfortunately, no one of my team here have any recollection of your stay nor have we ever had any comments like this upon check out. Therefore, it is very difficult to address the matter if we do not know who you are or which room you stayed in.

It would be extremely helpful if you could email me direct edward@limestonehotel.co.uk and let me know when you actually stayed.

All of my team here are trained to ask specific questions upon checkout, the most obvious being "did you enjoy your stay with us". I have spoken to each team member and no one has mentioned anything relevant to your review.

I am very sorry if our housekeeping did let us down on this occasion. However, please be assured our normal housekeeping standards are very high.

I hope this has not deterred you from choosing Limestone Hotel in the future. If you would like to contact me direct regarding your stay it would be extremely helpful.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last week-the staff were incredibly friendly. Each bedroom has it's own personality (boathouse, stable, chocolate room etc) with everything you could need provided. Thank you to Melanie for showing us around.
The afternoon tea is a must to try. The hotel is approximately 5-10 minutes from the cove which is perfect for walking but far away enough from all the other tourists staying right next to the cove as it does get extremely busy.
The food was very nice with the French chef saying hello at the end of the evening. In my opinion there is some charm to it!
Breakfast is cooked to order unlike most hotels- I recommend the smoked salmon and scrambled egg. It was the best.
I could write for ever. If you want a laid back friendly mouth watering trip then this is your place. Nothing is too much for this team and surely we will return.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank KellyH122

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for such a wonderful review and kind words!

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here at Limestone Hotel. It is always wonderful to receive such positive comments about our team, please rest assured your comments will be passed on.

I am also pleased to read you enjoyed both dinner and breakfast. We are lucky to have such talented and passionate chefs who make the most out of the local produce available to us.

Once again, thank you for your fantastic review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Limestone Hotel & Restaurant.

Edward

Reviewed 30 July 2014

after booking a weekend break i was informed by a rude foreign national that the dates i has selected were actually unavailable but an alternative was offer which was OK. upon arrival i had no car parking space as there was mini in my rooms designated spot which meant i had a long walk to the hotel from the road. Then there was a long wait in the so called reception before being noticed by a boy just out of school who was the so called manager. I was shown to the stable room and was immediately disappointed because it literally looked like a prison cell. i informed the manager about my disappointment but was told there was nothing they could do and i could not be moved to another room as it was not ready. I decided to stay but wish i hadn't as not only was the room like a prison the food was awful, bland and like something from the 1970's. everything seamed that it was too much trouble for the manager and his partner who both basically ignored me for the rest of the weekend. I for one will not be returning to this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank leebeee
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I know I'm going to end up repeating much of what's been said before so I'll keep this short.
The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. I'd like to extend my special thanks to Steve (the only one whom I know by name) for service above and beyond the call of duty.

Meals excellent -the plaice is to die for.

Negatives - yes, but not enough to reduce the rating to four star.
1 The rooms overlooking the garden get extremely hot. If, like us, you're not a fan of the heat, consider bringing a fan.
2 No decaffeinated coffee available - a very surprising and irritating oversight
3 Only discovered on the final day that the socket for electric shavers is very cunningly concealed on top of the bathroom mirror. However, the position is such that the cord on my razor was too short to enable me to use it. (I borrowed the only available extension lead in the meantime).

Easy walk to Lulworth Cove (which I review elsewhere).

Note: if you're thinking of visting places west of Weymouth / Dorset, I would suggest you go via the northern suburbs of Weymouth rather that the Dorchester ring road, which is extremely difficult to access and egress.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
EJW2901, Owner at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear reviewer,

I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your 4 night stay in 'The Boat House' room.

It is always excellent to receive such positive comments regarding the team here at Limestone. They all work exceptionally hard and your comments are extremely appreciated and have been passed on to the rest of the team.

In regards to the decaff coffee. I am not sure what happened on this occasion, but all the rooms have decaffeinated coffee and we always have plenty downstairs. I apologies if there was miss-communication on this occasion.

We have been extremely lucky with the exceptionally warm weather and high temperatures this summer. I apologies we did not have any fans available when you stayed, but we have since purchased 5 fans which are now available upon request.

Please rest assured we do take all customer comments on board and are proactive in making the necessary changes and updates to the hotel.

I thank you for your informative review and do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Limestone Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We enjoyed our overnight stay at this hotel very much. The hotel has designated parking which is a bonus in Lulworth.
The approach to the hotel is quite steep , this is made clear; also made clear is that staff will help you with your luggage should you need this.
Our room was compact but comfortable clean and well appointed and suitable for an overnight stay.( Library) Toiletries bottled water shower hats etc were also provided.
As we came off the ferry in Weymouth we could not book a time for dinner, but we were provided with a table in the restaurant where we had a well cooked and very enjoyable meal. Afterwards we sat outside to enjoy the beautiful view.
Breakfast menu had a wide variety of choices and again was well cooked. Staff are all very attentive and helpful. I am sure we will return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

I am very pleased you had a comfortable over night stay and enjoyed Limestone Hotel.

Your descriptive and accurate review will enable others to make an informed decision when looking for a hotel in Dorset.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Limestone in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Lulworth
#1 of 3 in Wareham
Riviera Hotel
Riviera Hotel
#20 of 22 in Weymouth

Been to Limestone Hotel? Share your experiences!