Limestone Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$179
  • Restaurant
US$166
US$147
Priceline
The Bankes Arms Hotel(Corfe Castle)
TripAdvisor
Mortons House Hotel(Corfe Castle)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Russell Hotel(Weymouth)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewschocolate roomwriters roomsmall hotellovely hoteldurdle doorwine cellarlulworth covelookout roomsuperior roomdaily specialsstable roomscallopscar parksteep climbdorset apple cakecream teafish dishes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is a small but very pleasant hotel. We had a superior room The Chocolate Room which whilst well appointed was much smaller than we were expecting. Pillows were on the hard side which didn't help for ease of sleeping . The staff are very friendly and the evening meal was excellent. The terrace has fantastic views over the village to the church beyond and you are only a 10 minute walk from Lulworth cove . I would say though there is not a lot of room to sit and enjoy pre dinner drinks or post dinner coffee should you wish to sit inside - there is just a small ante room used as a bar With about four seats.

Room Tip: Go for a superior room
1  Thank petal088
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for your review.

We are very lucky to be situated in such a lovely location and unfortunately cant take credit for the views.

We have just re-designed our bar area with new furnishings and a new layout creating more space. The old bar furniture was taken away the same day as the new furniture was due to arrive, however it was delayed getting to us by a day. It just so happens that you stayed that one night and I apologies sincerely if this inconvenienced you in anyway. Fortunately, it was a beautiful evening and the majority of people were sitting on the terrace outside.

In regards to the pillows, we provide 2 foam pillows and 2 feather in every room. If a guest has a special pillow preference we are always happy to oblige.

I thank you once again for your review and I hope to welcome you back to Limestone in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This excellent small hotel is enhanced by really attentive and enthusiastic staff. We were made to feel really welcome and special. The dinner and breakfasts were delicious. Location is a short walk from the stunning Lulworth Cove Thank you for a lovely stay.

1  Thank Peter G

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your 5 star trip advisor review!!!

I really appreciate your kind comments and have passed them onto the rest of the team here at Limestone.

Very best wishes,

Edward

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We paid extra for a Superior room. It had an amazing view although was a little smaller than I expected from a superior room. However it was nicely decorated and comfortable with a lovely calm atmosphere. Wifi was a bit dodgy and kept disconnecting although usable most of the time.
All the staff were friendly and helpful.
We really enjoyed the breakfast- was nice to be given a few different choices such as omelettes or smoked salmon.
We also ordered a picnic bag which was really substantial and all fresh and tasty.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DomAndCharlotte5

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for lovely review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Limestone.

All of our rooms are different shapes and sizes, some of our superior rooms are very spacious but others are quite compact.

You will be pleased to hear that we have now had a completely new WIFI system installed that works perfectly throughout the hotel. However, Limestone is a very old building with thick walls and in the small village of Lulworth, signal and strength can vary day to day. We have done our very best to ensure everyone can be connected throughout the hotel and grounds.

I am very pleased you enjoyed the breakfast's, picnics and calm ambiance throughout the hotel. We have worked hard to create a hotel which combines good service with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, so it is very rewarding for you to mention this point.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Limestone Hotel & Restaurant in the near future.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel was ok but found our room was small and had quite a bit of dust. Even worse there was a cob web by the window. Although this did not ruin our holiday it just made us think we wouldn't expect that from a cheap B&B let alone the price of yours. Sorry but it's just an honest review

Room Tip: Check to make sure it's clean
3  Thank jakkey
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on trip advisor.

Unfortunately, no one of my team here have any recollection of your stay nor have we ever had any comments like this upon check out. Therefore, it is very difficult to address the matter if we do not know who you are or which room you stayed in.

It would be extremely helpful if you could email me direct edward@limestonehotel.co.uk and let me know when you actually stayed.

All of my team here are trained to ask specific questions upon checkout, the most obvious being "did you enjoy your stay with us". I have spoken to each team member and no one has mentioned anything relevant to your review.

I am very sorry if our housekeeping did let us down on this occasion. However, please be assured our normal housekeeping standards are very high.

I hope this has not deterred you from choosing Limestone Hotel in the future. If you would like to contact me direct regarding your stay it would be extremely helpful.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last week-the staff were incredibly friendly. Each bedroom has it's own personality (boathouse, stable, chocolate room etc) with everything you could need provided. Thank you to Melanie for showing us around.
The afternoon tea is a must to try. The hotel is approximately 5-10 minutes from the cove which is perfect for walking but far away enough from all the other tourists staying right next to the cove as it does get extremely busy.
The food was very nice with the French chef saying hello at the end of the evening. In my opinion there is some charm to it!
Breakfast is cooked to order unlike most hotels- I recommend the smoked salmon and scrambled egg. It was the best.
I could write for ever. If you want a laid back friendly mouth watering trip then this is your place. Nothing is too much for this team and surely we will return.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank KellyH122

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for such a wonderful review and kind words!

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here at Limestone Hotel. It is always wonderful to receive such positive comments about our team, please rest assured your comments will be passed on.

I am also pleased to read you enjoyed both dinner and breakfast. We are lucky to have such talented and passionate chefs who make the most out of the local produce available to us.

Once again, thank you for your fantastic review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Limestone Hotel & Restaurant.

Edward